Re: [ST1-LCN] Re: Star Trek: First Contact, Enterprise First Season

  • The Sweetest
    Message 1 of 129 , Dec 1, 2009
      > New canon trumps old canon. As in the Chekov/"Space Seed" issue; before ST:TWOK there was no reason to belive that Chekov was on the Enterprise before season 2. Then material in TWOK tells us that he was there.

      [ATA]In that regard I agree.

      > The Queen issue is the same; durring TNG on the air we had no reason to belive that there was a rulling Queen. Then in ST:FC and ST:VOY we saw in flashbacks that she was always there. There is no evidence that she was incomplete over all these years, and I see no reason to think she was.

      [ATA]And then you fail. The point is precisely the same as with Chekov
      as you pointed out, but, there is a big difference here;. We could say
      that he "was" on the Enterprise before because Khan said he recognized
      him and then we had to speculate to the extreme that he probably was
      on the Enterprise but was not assigned to the bridge etc But in the
      case of the queen we have plenty of Canon to suggest that she is not a
      ruler, she is a construct of some kind, then it was stated that they
      needed a voice to deal with the Federation(authority driven species)
      and we saw her absent from situations that were critical to the Borg
      as species, if she would have been ready she would have been there.
      Now you have to decide, was she a mediocre ruler or a physical
      representation that wasn't deemed ready?

      > Why is it so hard to except that it could be as simple as she wanted to hide certain facts about the Borg?
      > -Brent

      [ATA{First of all because all the evidence shows she is just a
      physical representation used when it is convenient. Secondly, do you
      think the Borg needed to hide anything? This sounds when the klingon
      ridges were an issue and people argued that perhaps they were hiding
      the real appearance from the humans and the counterargument was that
      he klingons were not afraid of anyone and didn't need to hide
      anything. Do you really want to argue that the Borg wanted to hide
      something?

      No. This is exactly the same situation as Chekov's as you mentioned;
      only that we have more info available and don't have to speculate as
      with Chekov. Then why is so hard to accept the fact that simply she
      might not had been ready?

      take care
      ata
    • The Sweetest
      Message 129 of 129 , Dec 3, 2009
        > Kirk is a woman, as long as we keep in mind that in "Turnaround Intruder" he WAS a woman, so he is a woman. Canon says Kirk is a woman.
        >
        > So if a man is a woman, and a woman is a man, Kirk IS a woman.
        >
        > ATAnon at work for ya;)
        > KAJ

        [ATA{Tsk tsk poor K, again with his attempts. At least you are
        shoiwing your shortcomings regarding Canon and how you really can't
        hanble it.