Re: [ST1-LCN] Re: Star Trek, JUST STAR TREK Breaking News!

  • n1684t@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      Come to think of it, in canon, we have never heard anything about Kirk's
      family than his brother, nephew and son, have we?
      Maybe he had a twin brother, who was frozen when he was 30 and will be
      thawed out as soon as a proper emergency presents itself?

      OK, i am reaching;)

      KAJ

      In a message dated 7/31/2007 5:13:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      jpmotis@... writes:

      In the book the mission file was sealed. So far none of it has been used in
      canon. It would be an interesting plot element though. An officer's first
      command, the ship where his father died.

      JP

      --- In _star-trek-one@star-trek-onsta_ (mailto:star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com)
      , "Robbie Chastain" <leandarvader@lea> wrote:

      > Yeah, I remember it. And Kirk's father was his first officer and it was
      Kirk's father who suggested that April name the ship Enterprise, if memory
      serves.

      > Robbie

      Class development team. He takes e prototype on a mission because it is the
      only ship available. Sound familiar?

      (mailto:star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com) , "Robbie Chastain" <leandarvader@> wrote:

      > > Nah, the name actually comes from early drafts of "The Cage." Gene
      changed the name from Robert April to Robert (or James, can't remember which)
      Winter and then finally to Christopher Pike. There's a pic of Gene in a Starfleet
      uniform from "The Cage" which has been labelled as Captain April in either
      an edition of the ST Encyclopedia or the ST Compendium.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
        In Price of the Pheonix he was replicated. Prehaps Star Fleet keeps duplicates of people they think invaluable.

        JP

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
          Dear JP,

          I do not remember that: what series was that, from an TAS episode?

          BR,

          Damon.
          At 11:22 01/08/2007, you wrote:

          >In Price of the Pheonix he was replicated. Prehaps Star Fleet keeps duplicates of people they think invaluable.
          >
          >JP
          >
          >--- In <mailto:star-trek-one%40yahoogroups.com>star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com, n1684t@... wrote:
          >>

          >> Come to think of it, in canon, we have never heard anything about Kirk's
          >> family than his brother, nephew and son, have we?
          >> Maybe he had a twin brother, who was frozen when he was 30 and will be
          >> thawed out as soon as a proper emergency presents itself?
          >>
          >> OK, i am reaching;)
          >>
          >> KAJ
          >>

          >> In a message dated 7/31/2007 5:13:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
          >> jpmotis@... writes:
          >>
          >> In the book the mission file was sealed. So far none of it has been used in
          >> canon. It would be an interesting plot element though. An officer's first
          >> command, the ship where his father died.
          >>
          >> JP
          >>
          >> --- In _star-trek-one@star-trek-onsta_ (mailto:star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com)
          >> , "Robbie Chastain" <leandarvader@lea> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > Yeah, I remember it. And Kirk's father was his first officer and it was
          >> Kirk's father who suggested that April name the ship Enterprise, if memory
          >> serves.
          >> >
          >> > Robbie

          ¡¡¡ ¡

          Damon Matthew Wise,
          Chair, Trustees of Federation Trust; Co-Ordinator, Charity-OnLine Consortium and Irish Equality and Human Rights Alliance;
          AspiesOnly2 Co--Moderator; The mind behind AUTINET
          CHARITY-ONLINE.IE
          Reuse, Repair and Upgrade Computers scheme for Disadvantaged Groups; Recycling Cartridges, Toners, Mobiles and used Stamps for development of services for Charity-OnLine.
          C/O 29 Ballycaseymore Ballycasey, Shannon Town, Co. Clare, Ireland, European Union;
          Tel, Main Line: (061) 361 945 / Broadband/Office: (061) 363 066; E-mail: info@..., Charity-Online@...
          General List: All Discussions of members
          Post message:Charity-Online-Recycling Scheme@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: Charity-Online-Recycling Scheme-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          Federation Trust run a free information and support service for Disability related groups, Charities, Community and Voluntary Groups. Where we actually do work with a partner-group, such as an Incorporation, Application Forms, Newsletters, Stationary, Flag Day, Sponsorship Packs or Health and Safety Statements or where we source and supply wholesale or charity rate office Stationary, equipment, accessories and software, we charge towards some of the costs on a near cost, reduced cost, or set fee basis, which is below commercial rates, which many of our Partner Organisations would have trouble to afford. We have absolutely no funding from any source. Most of our costs, equipment, rent and telephone are paid for by the Trustees, from our own Social Welfare Payments. The Trustees and volunteers who support the Trust do not get paid. Where part of the time involved is charged, the income is provided towards the equipment, technology and software requirements. We are by Definition a No
          t-For-Profit Organisation - a one-stop shop or a charity for charities.
          Damon Matthew and Karen Christine Wise, Federation Trust, and related projects:
          To find our Sci-Fi merchandise, Books, DVD's, Videos, etc - Charity-OnLine Fundraising - for Charity Fundraising: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redirect?link_code=ur2&camp=1634&tag=charitysuppor-21&creative=6738&path=http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/Charity-OnLine: For other items check out http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redirect-home/charitysuppor-21&placement=home_multi.gif&site=amazon
          http://www.rpoints.com/?ruid=99029 (For lists of other online sites, price comparison and collecting points - 500 points to join for you and our project)
          <mailto:?subject=Come%20and%20join%20us%20on%20ipoints%21&body=http:%2F%2Fwww.ipoints.co.uk%2Fjoin%2F%3Fraf%3D5562443>http://www.ipoints.co.uk/join/?raf=5562443 (2000 points donated when a person has collected their first 5000 points)<http://www.ipoints.co.uk/join/?raf=5562443>
          []

          Charity-OnLine-Ireland: Main eBaY store -New and Sealed, and NEW Multi-Stock-level, multi-dispatch location items:
          <http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=charity-online-ireland>http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=charity-online-ireland.
          Charity-OnLine-Second Chance: Seconds, Reserves & Raritiy eBaY store - New Opened & Like New Used Rarities
          <http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=charity-online-ireland>http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=charity-online-second-chance.
          To buy from our eBay Stores: you should first click the eBay and Paypal accounts to get an account established:
          <http://www.rpoints.com/x/?s=115>eBay.co.uk Referral Link
          <http://www.rpoints.com/x/?s=4253>eBay.com Referral Link
          <http://www.rpoints.com/x/?s=19>PayPal Referral Link
          Amazon ZShop (under construction): http://www.amazon.Charity-OnLine.ie eBay Main shop (under construction): http://www.Ireland.Charity-OnLine.ie
          eBay Rarities Shop (under construction): http://www.Second-Chance.Charity-OnLine.ie
          Main Info site (under construction): http://www.Charity-OnLine.ie and Members-site (under construction): http://www.Federation-Trust.org
          e-mail: federationtrust@..., charity-online@..., E-Commerce@...)
          You can join our lists by going to the following web page: Or contact us at Lists-Admin@...
          Irish_Equality_and_Human_Rights_Alliance and Irish_Equality_Alliance_Council and Charity-ONLine-Recycling-Scheme List Co-Ordinator; AspiesOnly2 and AspiePeople Co--Moderator;