Give a Mog a name!

  • Fleet Admiral Charlton
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 1999
      Hyello!

      I've just got a new kitten as a surprise for my mother!

      MAJOR PROBLEM: I can't think of a decent name.
      Can anyone come up with a sensible 'Trek' one?

      I'll stick a picture of him on the web along with the Las Vegas ones.
      They're on the same film... :o)

      He's about 30cm and is a smokey grey colour. He's also very, VERY cute.

      Cheerio!

      =/\= Fleet Admiral Charlton =/\=

      Starbase: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~tegs
      Hail: mailto:Fleet.Admiral.Charlton@...

      And when Tweedle Beetles battle with their paddles in a puddle in a bottle,
      and the bottle's on a poodle, and the poodle's eating noodles, it's a
      Tweedle Beetle Noodle Poodle Puddle Bottle Paddle Battle.
    • Toffee Rapper
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 1999
        At 02:18 PM 5/1/99 +0100, you wrote:
        >From: "Fleet Admiral Charlton" <Fleet.Admiral.Charlton@...>
        >
        >Hyello!
        >
        >I've just got a new kitten as a surprise for my mother!
        >
        >MAJOR PROBLEM: I can't think of a decent name.
        >Can anyone come up with a sensible 'Trek' one?
        >
        >I'll stick a picture of him on the web along with the Las Vegas ones.
        >They're on the same film... :o)
        >
        >He's about 30cm and is a smokey grey colour. He's also very, VERY cute.

        If he's grey he may be 'Hugh Of Borg', or as he is grey AND *cute* then
        'Locutus'.

        ;-)

        "eyes open"

        tim
      • Dierna D. Soul
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 1999
          How about Curzon or Dax or Benny or Dex?..well Dex isn't star trek
          it's more Power Rangers than anything else cuz Dex is a super
          hero..but William Shatner WAS on an ep of Power Rangers..*L*

          Dierna D. Soul
          ---------
          > I've just got a new kitten as a surprise for my mother!
          >
          > MAJOR PROBLEM: I can't think of a decent name.
          > Can anyone come up with a sensible 'Trek' one?
          >
          > I'll stick a picture of him on the web along with the Las Vegas ones.
          > They're on the same film... :o)
          >
          > He's about 30cm and is a smokey grey colour. He's also very, VERY cute.
          >

          > Cheerio!

        • Toffee Rapper
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 1999
            At 07:40 PM 5/1/99 -0700, you wrote:
            >From: "Dierna D. Soul" <diernasoul@...>
            >
            >How about Curzon or Dax or Benny or Dex?..well Dex isn't star trek
            >it's more Power Rangers than anything else cuz Dex is a super
            >hero..but William Shatner WAS on an ep of Power Rangers..*L*

            Well the most obvious Trek name for your kitty
            has to be 'Spot', or better still 'Isis'!

            Anyone recognise that name?

            :-)

            "cat's eyes open"

            tim

            > > I've just got a new kitten as a surprise for my mother!
            > >
            > > MAJOR PROBLEM: I can't think of a decent name.
            > > Can anyone come up with a sensible 'Trek' one?
            > >
            > > I'll stick a picture of him on the web along with the Las Vegas ones.
            > > They're on the same film... :o)
            > >
            > > He's about 30cm and is a smokey grey colour. He's also very, VERY cute.
            > >

            > > Cheerio!
          • Patti Burton
            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 1999
              Hello all,

              hmmm.... Isis?? Well, besides the Shazaam/Isis
              Adventure hour tv show from my misspent youth, was
              this the name of the woman who turned herself into a
              black panther,ie big cat, in TOS??...Just a wild
              guess.

              Birdie out.

            • Toffee Rapper
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 1999
                At 01:14 PM 5/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
                >From: Patti Burton <the_birdies@...>
                >

                >Hello all,

                >hmmm.... Isis?? Well, besides the Shazaam/Isis
                >Adventure hour tv show from my misspent youth, was
                >this the name of the woman who turned herself into a
                >black panther,ie big cat, in TOS??...Just a wild
                >guess.
                >
                >Birdie out.

                Right show. Wrong cat.

                ;-)

                "eyes open"

                tim
              • Dierna D. Soul
                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 1999
                  Isis is also the name of Catwoman's cat on Batman!... Plus
                  Isis is the name of one of the Egyptian Gods. She's the egyptian version of
                  Gaia..the mother goddess in Greek mythology.

                  What Shazaam/Isis adventure hour???...Im not aware of a super
                  hero named Isis...who was she?..It would really help me in a
                  fan fic story Im writing.

                  Dierna D. Soul
                • Dennis Evans
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 4, 1999
                    Patti Burton wrote:

                    > From: Patti Burton <the_birdies@...>
                    >
                    > Hello all,

                    > hmmm.... Isis?? Well, besides the Shazaam/Isis
                    > Adventure hour tv show from my misspent youth, was
                    > this the name of the woman who turned herself into a
                    > black panther,ie big cat, in TOS??...Just a wild
                    > guess.
                    >
                    > Birdie out.

                    Isis was the name of a cat owned by Gary Seven in the TOS episode, pilot,
                    "Assignment Earth". The cat was seen by Seven human Secretary as a humanoid
                    in one scene and Gary Seven did talk to the cat and the Cat responded.
                    Though we couldn't hear what the cat was actually saying. Certainly had
                    this series actually gotten off the ground we would have learned more about
                    Isis. Of course Isis was also part of the Saturday Morning tv series you
                    mention and also was a DC comic at one time. Also Isis was an Egyptian
                    goddess If I recall correctly. (G)

                    Dennis