  • KAJ
    Oct 24, 2013 Expand Messages
      In REBOOT Trek anyway;)

      On Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:16 PM, KAJ <rwkaj@...> wrote:

      OK, in the shuttle on the way to the ENTERPRISE after Kirk gets her back and asks for Spock as his first officer, Spock states there is no Star Fleet regulation that allows a man to be killed WITHOUT a trial.  Given as to how precise Spock is, that strongly implies there IS a death penalty.

      On Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:06 PM, KAJ <rwkaj@...> wrote:

      No, Spock mentioned something about not legally being able to execute Khan....Let me find the scene....

      On Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:38 PM, Beth <mccall3815@...> wrote:

      Yeah and they ordered Khan to death at first but that was just so Starfleet could get a war.

      I just wonder why they didn't end Khan instead of freezing him back up.

      Of course I volunteer to keep him frozen in my home, I'd only thaw him out occasionally. ;D

      Beth

      From: KAJ <rwkaj@...>
      To: "star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com" <star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:49 AM
      Subject: Re: [ST1-LCN] Punishment in the Future

      It was mentioned in the last movie. (Death Penalty) When Kirk was telling Spock their orders.  Don't remember the details....
      On Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:13 AM, Andrew Brown <scottish.andy76@...> wrote:

      Sorry, I just proved that I didn't read that email properly.
      According to Trek, the only death penalty left on the books is approaching Talos IV. But they still have penal colonies in New Zealand, and rehabilitation prisons on Tantalus V, and criminally-insane asylums on Elba II.
      Not to mention all the trials and courts-martial we've seen. It does imply a sentence to be carried out.
      So again no, we still do punishment.
      Andy
      On 2013-10-23 11:39 PM, <mccall3815@...> wrote:
      So do we eventually do away with executions in the future?

      Khan was frozen at the end, why didn't they just execute him after they had his blood?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic