File - YOUR SPOUSE-A SLAVE TO SIN -

  • standinginfaith@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 70 , Jul 1, 2013
      YOUR SPOUSE-A SLAVE TO SIN -

      Do you know and understand that you are in a spiritual war? Your
      spouse is a slave to sin! Your Lord is asking you to join His army
      forever. You will have many different assignments throughout your
      life. Will you join?

      "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on
      the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the
      devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
      but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the
      powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil
      in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:10-12

      Today, realize that you need to join God's army and fight the enemy
      every day of your life, regardless of the circumstances that are
      happening in your marriage today. We are in a war, a spiritual war
      more intense than the wars and terrorist attacks that are going on
      around the world.

      The war started in Genesis, Chapter 3, where Eve was deceived by the
      serpent--the enemy--the devil. There has been a spiritual war going
      on since that time for the souls of men, women and children. The war
      is warring in your household for the minds and the souls of your
      family. The enemy is Satan.

      "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come
      that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

      We receive many prayer requests daily from couples who are still
      married and living together, but hanging on by a thread due to so
      many circumstances including alcohol, drugs, adultery, abuse or
      pornography. We also have couples who have reconciled, but the
      spouse has not received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. You must
      still fight the enemy in the prayer closet. The enemy is out to
      destroy every marriage regardless of what season you are in your
      life. You need to know who the enemy is and that it is a spiritual
      battle.

      It does not matter whether your spouse is at home, you are separated,
      or divorced, or your spouse is in a non-covenant marriage. The enemy
      does not want you to serve Jesus Christ. He wants to destroy every
      one of His children. You may understand this better today, as
      possibly the enemy is now attacking your children or other loved
      ones in different ways. You must learn how to fight the enemy. You
      must know who you are in Christ! Your spouse is a slave to sin!
      They are blinded and deceived!

      "Jesus replied, �I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a
      slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family,
      but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you
      will be free indeed. I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet
      you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word."
      John 8:34-37

      Satan is using the same tricks and schemes that he did in Genesis by
      lying, seducing and deceiving people from the truth. Satan lies and
      deceives people each day and they fall into his trap of temptation
      and then sin. Your spouse is a slave to sin, but praise God, your
      Lord Jesus Christ cam to set the captives free! When you read the
      Gospels, (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) you will read that one of
      Jesus' purposes in coming to earth was to bind satan and to set free
      those who satan has enslaved.

      "They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went
      into the synagogue and began to teach. The people were amazed at
      his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not
      as the teachers of the law. Just then a man in their synagogue
      who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, �What do you want
      with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know
      who you are�the Holy One of God!' �Be quiet!' said Jesus
      Sternly. �Come out of him!' The evil spirit shook the man
      violently and came out of him with a shriek.' The people were
      all so amazed that they asked each other, �What is this? A new
      teaching�and with authority! He even gives orders to evil spirits
      and they obey him.' " Mark 1:21-27

      You and I need to know how and what to do to fight the enemy. We
      need to remember that our Lord Jesus Christ said that He came to
      this earth for us to have life and abundantly. What should you do?

      "Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith,
      love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a
      pure heart. Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid
      arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's
      servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone,
      able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently
      instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading
      them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their
      senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them
      captive to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:22-26

      This scripture teaches us a lot of truths and strong principles how
      to live and walk in unconditional love with a loved one who is
      acting unlovable most of the time. May you and I strive to flee
      from the evil desires of the flesh, but pursue righteousness, faith,
      love and peace. The Lord knows the enemy tries to cause strife and
      conflicts for us to act and react in our carnal flesh. You and I
      have to crucify our sinful nature regardless of what your spouse or
      children are doing to provoke you.

      Learn to memorize scriptures. Put on the Armor of God daily on
      you, your spouse and children. Stand firm in your faith. Put the
      Hedge of Protection around each of your family members with the wall
      of fire. ( 2 Kings 6:8-23, Hosea 2:6-7) Ask the Holy Spirit to
      send warrior angels to protect you from the evil one every day. You
      are not in a conflict against flesh and blood (your spouse), but
      against spiritual forces and powers of evil. So get up every
      morning and get dressed for battle! The Lord can touch and change
      your spouse's heart. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide your life and
      every step throughout each day. A soldier of Jesus Christ must be
      dressed and ready for battle!

      "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of
      evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you
      have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of
      truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of
      righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the
      readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all
      this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish
      all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of
      salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
      And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers
      and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on
      praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:13-18

      May you never forget who you are in Christ. Remember, who your
      Commander-in-Chief is, Jesus Christ.

      "....If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

      Pray every day that your Lord God will deliver you, your spouse and
      your children from spiritual blindness. Pray that the eyes of your
      loved ones hearts will be opened to see the Truth.

      "I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in
      order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the
      riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his
      incomparably great power for us who believe." Ephesians 1:18-19

      Jesus Christ defeated satan on the Cross. The price has been
      paid. Yes, you and I will be in spiritual battles until we go home
      to be with our Heavenly Father, but remember that there is power in
      Blood of our Lord Jesus, there is power in the Name of Jesus, and we
      are empowered by the Holy Spirit.

      "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or
      imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him
      be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all
      generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

      We have less than two weeks before Resurrection Sunday. Pray that
      thousands of prodigals will go and hear the message of our Lord
      Jesus Christ. May you and I pray specifically that all prodigals or
      backslidden Christians will repent, turning away from the sins of
      their life and come back to their Lord and to their families!

      God bless,
      Charlyne Steinkamp
    • standinginfaith@yahoogroups.com