Re: Be Patient As You Wait For Your Promise. Devotion from (Charlene Cares)

  • sondrac6
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2009
      --- In standinginfaith@yahoogroups.com, "Christina"
      <fmsmomathome@...> wrote:

      > Be Patient As You Wait For Your Promise -
      >
      > "We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very
      > end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to
      > become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and
      > patience inherit what has been promised. When God made his
      > promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to
      > swear by, he swore by himself, saying, "I will surely bless you
      > and give you many descendants." And so after waiting
      > patiently, Abraham received what was promised." Hebrews 6:11-15
      >
      > Abraham received what was promised by God. How well do you wait
      > for things in your life? How well do you wait in line? How well
      > do you wait on the telephone when they say, "Hold on, please?"
      > How well do you wait in a traffic jam? How well are you waiting
      > for your marriage to be restored? I believe that God is showing
      > us His great patience so that men, women and children will come
      > to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. God wants your marriage
      > restored, but His priority is to have your spouse saved.
      >
      > "The LORD is not slow in keeping his promise, as some
      > understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone
      > to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
      >
      > God's patience is long-suffering, but we cannot take it for
      > granted. God's patience is an expression of His love. The New
      > Testament teaches us that God will search for us, but He allows
      > each of us to make decisions, and He waits for us to come to our
      > senses. Patience is often developed through hardships and
      > through waiting.
      >
      > "So that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God
      > for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and
      > tribulations that you endure." 2 Thessalonians 1:4
      >
      > "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor,
      > serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction,
      > faithful in prayer." Romans 12:11-12
      >
      > What is the meaning of "patience?" In the Vine's Complete
      > Expository Dictionary, it is a noun, described, "Patience grows
      > only in trials, under chastisement, under undeserved affliction,
      > in fruit bearing, in running the appointed race. Patience
      > perfects Christian character. Believers who become patient are
      > strengthened with all power through His Spirit in the inward
      > man." In the Nelson's Three-In-One Bible Reference Companion the
      > meaning of "patience" is: "the ability to bear trials without
      > grumbling."
      >
      > In the New World Dictionary, patient is defined as, "Bearing or
      > enduring pain, trouble, etc. without complaining or losing self-
      > control; refusing to be provoked or angered, as by an insult,
      > forbearing; tolerant; calmly tolerating delay confusion; able to
      > wait calmly for something desired; steady, diligent; persevering."
      > What powerful strong words.
      >
      > As you do your devotions, look up different words in an
      > expository or standard dictionary. The dictionary magnifies and
> [...]

      of this to me in my devotions...and finally I am beginning to
      understand fully what he wants and expects from me. I am praying
      that he will forgive me for my grumbling, complaining, controlling,
      manipulation, lack of self control and overall poor behavior. This
      is an encouragement to me also as I am aware that even as I have
      wanted to do the right thing it has taken time for what the Lord has
      been speaking to me to get down into my heart and change me. I know
      this is very much the same for my husband. I pray for him today that
      even as I grow in the Lord so too will he. I thank God for his
      promise that he WILL leave his father and mother (and all the trauma
      of his childhood) and become one flesh with his wife. I thank God
      that he has given me my marching orders. That I am to stand firm and
      wait for the deliverance of God. Praise his might name!!! He is
      mighty to save!