Nothing Like Shutting Up A Bragger!

  • Linda E. Hunsbach, CEO
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2008

      Nothing Like Shutting Up A Bragger!

      Unfortunately, I am sure we have all had the bad experience of
      knowing someone that is so full of themselves it is unbearable. This
      mother at my son's camp week after week went on about her expensive
      home, convertible BMW, son's perfect grades, etc. I wanted to throw
      up. Week after week she also brought in grocery receipts showing that
      she only pays pennies on the dollar for her groceries because her
      husband invented some savings program that made them rich. FINALLY! I
      realized I had her and boy was I gonna let her have it but good. Her
      receipts were showing savings in the 70% area. Too bad that was all
      she was saving! Several years ago I joined a sampler program at
      http://savemoreamerica.com and my savings are blowing hers away. I
      consistently save a minimum of 80% on my grocery bills. Knowing that
      every Monday was her grocery savings brag day I came prepared this
      past Monday with my receipts. When she pulled out her receipt showing
      73% off, I pulled out a handful of receipts showing savings in the
      85%- 89% range including a recent receipt where I only paid $13.36
      for over $200.00 worth of groceries. Needless to say she was
      speechless and hurried away. My mother always said that everyone
      eventually meets their match!