File - Gods Promise by Patricia Armstrong

  • standinginfaith@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 70 , Oct 1, 2007
      Gods Promise
      Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
      for His compassions never fail. They are new every
      morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV

      As you reflect on times of severe pain, illness and
      total frustration and anxiety, can you recall words or
      thoughts that brought hope and comfort? Whenever I
      could really comprehend that God is always faithful
      and never gives us more to bear than we can handle, I
      would begin to feel relieve. If God never leaves us,
      what do I have to fear?

      The prophet Jeremiah witnessed unimaginable horrors when
      the Babylonians invaded Jerusalem in 586 B.C. Solomon's
      temple was reduced to ruins, and with it went not only
      the center of worship but also the heart of the community.
      There was no leader for the people and no food, no rest
      and no peace. What was Jeremiah's reaction? In the
      midst of all this suffering and grief, the prophet,
      Jeremiah, found a reason for hope. "Because of the
      LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions
      never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your
      faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV

      Friends, as most of you know, it is so easy to become
      discouraged when struggling daily with pain and illness.
      Constant pain along with other health-related concerns
      can change body chemistry and lead to depression and
      despair. However, there is a bright side even in the
      midst of all this turmoil. God has promised us He will
      always be faithful and will never leave His children.

      Friends, when you feel that you are losing hope, remind
      yourself that God is at your side ready to give you the
      most important reason to persevere´┐Żeternal joy with Him.

      Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
      There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
      Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
      As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

      ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
      Patricia Armstrong lives in Virginia Beach, VA., with
      her husband, Richard. Patricia is a retired elementary
      school teacher who thanks God for the joy in her life,
      which comes from knowing He will always be faithful.
      Patricia enjoys her Chronic Pain and Illness Support
      Group, church activities, camping, reading and gardening.
      she prays that all those who are suffering with pain and
      illness will know the real joy that comes from being a
      child of God.
    • standinginfaith@yahoogroups.com