Devotion from (Charlyne Cares )

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2007
      STOPPING AN EDPDEMIC -

      The enemy has struck not only our nation, but
      simultaneously all around the world, spreading an
      undetectable, invisible, odorless, tasteless, mess
      over the people we love and care about, namely men
      and women who are standing with God for the
      restoration of their marriages.

      The enemy is not terrorists, but satan, as he spreads
      discouragement through any means possible. Each week
      we encounter standers who are on the verge of giving
      up praying and standing with God for
      (1) the salvation of a prodigal mate, and then
      (2)restoration of their marriage.

      Thankfully, few people had been afflicted with this
      dreaded disease, but the early effects of satan's
      warfare are evident everywhere.

      The evil one is attacking with the "D Strain" of sin.
      Included are:

      DOUBT- "Did God really tell me to stand, or was it
      something I dreamed up?"

      DESPAIR - "This is hopeless."

      DIVISION - Standers start majoring in the minor
      issues, instead of on the Word of God and Jesus. Soon
      their focus is on the issue, and not on their stand
      with God.

      DEFEAT - If satan can't defeat you, he will defeat
      someone whose defeat will defeat you. (The might be
      poor English, but good in thought.)

      DISTRUST - "Can (or will) God really do what He has
      promised me?"

      DISTRACTION - Looking at your own (or someone else's)
      circumstances instead of focusing on God.

      DISPUTE - Attempting to fight the battles yourself,
      instead of allowing God to work.

      DISENCHANTMENT - "My spouse is not changing so why
      should I try?"
      (Hey, what's happening on the other side of your
      mountain where you can't see?)

      DECEIT - "No one knows about my secret sin." (But God
      knows and it is killing your stand for a healed
      marriage.)

      DEVOURING - "I will write back and give them a piece
      of my mind!"

      DEMANDS - "If God doesn't do something soon, I am
      giving up."

      DATING - "This person is only a friend, and I am so
      lonesome. I can handle going out and still stand."

      DIVORCE - "My divorce is final, so there is no hope
      for my marriage."
      Tony Evans once said, "It does not matter what the
      records down at city hall say. The records in Heaven
      say that you are married!"

      The good news is that God has provided a vaccine to
      protect you against each and every element of the "D
      Strain."

      We beg you to please look up these scriptures, learn
      them, memorize them.

      Post them on your mirror, so that when the enemy
      sprays your home, be protected by God's Word:

      DOUBT - "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this
      mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does
      not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says
      will happen, it will be done for him." Mark 11:23

      DESPAIR - "And provide for those who grieve in Zion-to
      bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the
      oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of
      praise instead of despair." Isaiah 61:3

      DIVISION - "So that there should be no division in the
      body, but that its parts should its parts should have
      equal concern for each other." I Corinthians 12:25

      DEFEAT - "I can do everything through him who gives me
      strength." Philippians 4:13

      DISTRUST - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and
      lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
      acknowledge him and, he will make your paths
      straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

      DISTRACTION - "But Martha was distracted by all the
      preparations that had to be made...."Martha, Martha,"
      the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about
      many things, but only one thing is needed.
      Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be
      taken away from her." Luke 10:40,41-42

      DISPUTE - "Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam;
      so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out."
      Proverbs 17:14

      DISCOURAGEMENT - "Do not be afraid or discouraged
      because of this vast army. For the battle is not
      yours, but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:15

      DECEIT - "Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every
      good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from
      the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change
      like shifting shadows." James 1:16-17

      DEVOURING - "If you keep on biting and devouring each
      other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each
      other." Galatians 5:15

      DEMANDS - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for
      at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not
      give up." Galatians 6:9

      DATING - "...For this reason a man will leave his
      father and mother and be united to his wife, and the
      two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two,
      but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let
      man not separate." Matthew 19:5-6

      DIVORCE - "Has not the Lord, made them one? In flesh
      and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was
      seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your
      spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your
      youth. "I hate divorce." says the Lord God of
      Israel...." Malachi 2:15-16

      If you have decided to give up on standing, who will
      pray for your prodigal?

      Do you not care about their eternal destiny?

      What about the generational curse of divorce that is
      in your family, and that YOU have an opportunity to
      stop?

      Have you not grown strong enough in the Lord to
      withstand the attacks from satan?

      They are predictable when you are doing Kingdom work.

      If you will allow God to vaccinate you today, by
      spending time with Him, in prayer, and in His Word,
      the Bible, you will be protected against the enemy's
      attacks tomorrow.

      Jesus will make a way,

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.