Devotion from Doreen's Daily Delights - HOLD FAST TO GOD'S PROMISES!!

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007
      HOLD FAST TO GOD'S PROMISES!!

      Hold fast to God's promises even when others have
      turned loose. God never breaks His promises. They are
      always there for us to claim.

      Remember that you have the power to keep satan under
      your feet.

      There's no doubt about it, we can remain encouraged in
      a discouraged world.

      Arise out of your moment and mindset of desperation.
      Lift up your eyes unto the hills; your help comes from
      the Lord.

      GOD DOES WHAT HE SAYS HE WILL (HE KEEPS HIS PROMISES):
      "WHAT I HAVE SAID, THAT WILL I BRING ABOUT; WHAT I
      HAVE PLANNED, THAT WILL I DO." ISAIAH 46:11

      "GOD IS NOT A MAN, THAT HE SHOULD LIE; NEITHER THE SON
      OF MAN, THAT HE SHOULD REPENT; HATH HE SAID, AND SHALL
      HE NOT DO IT ? OR HATH HE SPOKEN, AND SHALL HE NOT
      MAKE IT GOOD" Num. 23:19

      Your family and friends will come against you, but you
      are standing. Your family think you are crazy, but you
      are standing. Your co-workers and boss want you to
      give up, but you are standing. You are standing on the
      promises of God.

      A promise is a lot better than a sheer possibility.
      When a person makes a promise, he says, "You can count
      on it. I will be there with you and I will make it
      happen." But when God makes a promise, it MUST
      happen. No ifs, ands, or buts, it must happen. Yes,
      God will make restoration happen, even though it seem
      so impossible. Your prodigal is getting ready to marry
      another, but God will turn it around. Is anything too
      hard for God?

      Hope on God's promises. When your hope is based on
      promises made by the Maker of the Universe, you have
      hold of the hand of the One who has the whole world in
      His hands and He has the will and the power to make
      good on His promise.

      He promised that when we are losing control and are
      falling off the edge, He will be there to hold us up.
      He promised that when we are walking into a spiritual
      darkness and can't find our way, when you are walking
      through the valley of the shadow of death, He is with
      you. He will be there with us and lead you through the
      darkness. "I will be there with you." This is the
      promise of God. This the hope that lives when other
      hopes die.

      The wilderness is a time when you are alone,
      wandering, wondering, asking the question where am I?
      Who am I? No one can do anything for you. You've
      prayed, rebuked devils, fasted. Yet you still find
      yourself in a barren place. Your anniversaries and
      birthdays have passed unnoticed by your spouse. No
      calls, no cards. Is this for real? You wonder
      sometimes about past vows and promises.

      Here is a revelation for you who hear me. God uses us
      and we must go through the wilderness to get to the
      other side of milk and honey. It is unavoidable. God
      wants to know He can trust. He already knows what
      we will do. He puts us to the test. He wants us to
      rise to the ethical challenge of the wilderness.

      Then you will call, and the LORD will answer. You will
      cry for help, and he will say, "Here I am!" Isaiah
      58:9

      And remember that I am always with you until the end
      of time. Matthew 28:20

      Be encouraged

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.

      http://sims.yahoo.com/