Devotion from (Doreen's Daily Delights) - Don’t Give Up!

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2007
      Don't Give Up!

      How many times have you thought of giving up,
      especially when you are faced with negatives on every

      Your friends will tell you that you are wasting your
      time and that you are not getting any younger.

      Your family will tell you to move on with your life.

      Even your prodigal will feel pressured when he or she
      knows that you are awaiting his or her return, and
      will tell you to find someone new.

      Hearing these negatives things may only encourage you
      to give up without giving God a chance to work our
      your situation.

      We will often want to give up when we focus on our
      situation and not on the Lord.

      We need to keep our eyes focused on the Lord. Know
      that there is nothing hard for God. If you are
      experiencing a dead marriage at this time, remember
      that the same God who resurrected Lazarus will also
      resurrect your dead marriage.

      God has already set a track record.

      Nothing is hard for God. Please do not set a time
      limit on God.

      God does not see time the way we do.

      A thousand years is like an evening gone and an
      evening gone is like a thousand years.

      Allow the Lord to work this out in His perfect timing.

      If you have prayed and believed, God has already seen
      a healed and restored marriage.

      When God is ready to heal and restore your marriage,
      He will allow NOTHING to stand in His Way.

      I don't care how stubborn or stiff-necked your
      prodigal wants to be.

      When God is ready, no man can stand in God's way. The
      king's heart is in God's hand.

      How many restored marriages have you read of in the
      past, where prodigals were not even aware that they
      were on their way home?

      No man can stand up to God. Don't give up. Keep
      praying and wait on God to heal and restore your

      Psalm 33:10-11 adds, "The LORD foils the plans of the
      nations; He thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But
      the plans of the LORD stand firm for ever, the
      purposes of His heart through all generations. "

      I pray this will convince you that there is NOTHING
      hard for God.

      All things that may be difficult for us are very easy
      for God.

      Trust Him to do the impossible in your situation.

      Don't give up. Wait for God to work your situation out
      so He will get the glory.

      Romans 4:17 declares that the Lord "calls into being
      that which does not exist."

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.