Devotion from (Standing Firm ) - Pray for your Spouse

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21 3:50 PM
      PRAY FOR YOUR SPOUSE –

      Many individuals question how to pray for their absent
      spouses. Scripture is a powerful weapon in your battle
      against the enemy that has attacked your family.

      "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and
      do not return to it without watering the earth and
      making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for
      the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that
      goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me
      empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve
      the purpose for which I sent it."
      Isaiah 55:10-11

      I have collected a number of my favorite Scripture
      verses that I use during my stand for the healing of
      my marriage. It is my prayer that as you pray the
      following verses, your words too will not return to
      you empty, but will water your dry marriage making it
      bud and flourish!

      "For this reason, I kneel before the Father, from whom
      his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its
      name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may
      strengthen [Spouse] with the power through his Spirit
      in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in
      [Spouse's] heart through faith. And I pray
      that[Spouse], being rooted and established in love,
      may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp
      how wide and long and high and deep is the love
      of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses
      knowledge – that [Spouse] may be filled to the measure
      of all the fullness of God." -
      Ephesians 3:14-19

      I thank my God every time I remember [Spouse]. In all
      my prayers for [Spouse], I always pray with joy
      because of [Spouse's] partnership in the gospel from
      the first day until now, being confident of this,
      that he who began a good work in [Spouse] will carry
      it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. -
      Philippians 1:3-6

      And this is my prayer: that [Spouse's] love may abound
      more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so
      that [Spouse] may be able to discern what is best and
      may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,
      filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes
      through Jesus Christ – to the glory and praise of God.
      - Philippians 1:9-11

      For this reason, ever since I heard about [Spouse's]
      faith in the Lord Jesus and [Spouse's] love for all
      the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for
      [Spouse], remembering [Spouse] in my prayers. I keep
      asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the
      glorious Father, may give [Spouse] the Spirit of
      wisdom and revelation, so that [Spouse] may know him
      better. I pray also that the eyes of [Spouse's] heart
      may be enlightened in order that [Spouse] may know the
      hope to which he has called [Spouse], the riches of
      his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his
      incomparably great power for us who believe. -
      Ephesians 1:15-19a

      Therefore, my dear [Spouse], as you have always obeyed
      – not only in my presence, but now much more in my
      absence – continue to work out your salvation with
      fear and trembling, for it is God who works in
      [Spouse] to will and to act according to his good
      purpose. -
      Philippians 2:12-13

      For this reason, since the day we heard about[Spouse],
      we have not stopped praying for [Spouse] and asking
      God to fill [Spouse] with the knowledge of his will
      through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we
      pray this in order that [Spouse] may live a life
      worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way:
      bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the
      knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power
      according to his glorious might so that [Spouse] may
      have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving

      thanks to the Father, who has qualified [Spouse] to
      share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom
      of light. For he has rescued [Spouse] from the
      dominion of darkness and brought [Spouse] into the
      kingdom of the Son [Spouse] loves, in whom [Spouse]
      has redemption, the forgiveness of sins. -
      Colossians 1:9-14

      So then, just as [Spouse] received Christ Jesus as
      Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in
      him, strengthened in the faith as [Spouse] were
      taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to
      it that no one takes [Spouse] captive through hollow
      and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human
      tradition and the basic principles of this world
      rather than on Christ. For in Christ, all the fullness
      of the Deity lives in bodily form, and [Spouse] has
      been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over
      every power and authority. In him [Spouse] were also
      circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature,
      not with a circumcision done by hands of men but with
      the circumcision done by Christ, having been buried
      with him in baptism and raised with him through
      [Spouse's] faith in the power of God, who raised him
      form the dead. When [Spouse] were dead in sins and in
      the uncircumcision of [Spouse's] sinful nature,
      God made [Spouse] alive with Christ. He forgave
      [Spouse] all his sins, having canceled the written
      code, with its regulations, that was against [Spouse]
      and that stood opposed to [Spouse]; he took it
      away, nailing it to the cross. -
      Colossians 2:6-14

      No, in all these things [Spouse] is more than a
      conqueror through him who loved him. For I am
      convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels
      nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor
      any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything
      else in all creation, will be able to separate
      [Spouse] from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus
      our Lord. - Romans 8:37-39

      Praise our God, O [Husband] and [Wife], let the sound
      of his praise be heard; he has preserved [Husband] and
      [Wife's] lives and kept [Husband] and [Wife's] feet
      from slipping. For you, O God, tested [Husband] and
      [Wife]; you refined [Husband] and [Wife] like silver.
      You brought [Husband] and [Wife] into prison and laid
      burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads;
      we went through fire and water, but you brought
      [Husband] and [Wife] to a place of abundance.
      Psalm 66:8-12

      I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will
      do what I have been doing. [Husband] and [Wife] will
      do even greater things than these, because I am going
      to the Father. - John 14:12

      May your marriage be richly blessed by your
      willingness to honor your vows and to pray for its
      healing.

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.