Devotion from (Doreen's Daily Delights) STAYING FOCUS EVEN WHILE YOU'RE HURTING!!

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2007
      Staying Focus Even While You're Hurting!!

      Focusing on the Lord after a family break-up is not
      always easy.

      Thoughts are racing through the mind, there is a great
      deal of anxiety, there is much confusion and
      distraction and frankly, you do not feel very
      spiritual at that moment in time. But this is when it
      is crucial to stop everything, step back to get a more
      objective view of the circumstance and then begin to
      follow the principles that God has revealed in His
      word.

      Paul's advice to the Philippians in chapter four can
      be of great help at this time.

      "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say,
      Rejoice." (4:4)

      In other words, begin to celebrate the Lord, for He is
      greater than any problem that we can face. Even though
      you may not feel like it, you must direct your faith
      to the character and attributes of our God. He
      is loving and compassionate (He cares), He is
      all-knowing and all-powerful. He is full of grace
      (unmerited favor) and mercy. Begin to "rejoice in
      Him."

      "The Lord is near." (4:5) He is near because His
      Spirit is in those who have received Jesus as Savior.
      He is near because He has promised to hear and answer
      those who trust Him and obey His commands. (Jn 15:7)
      He is near because He will not leave us to fend for
      ourselves. (Heb. 13:5)

      "Do not worry about anything. . . " (4:6) First of
      all, what will worrying accomplish? Secondly, worry
      shows that we are not trusting the Lord to help us.
      Choose to trust Him no matter what happens. Is
      not our faith in Him more important than possessions?
      How long will our possessions last us anyway? They are
      insignificant in comparison to eternity.

      The biggest thing to remember when going through
      trials and afflictions is to stay focused on the Lord,
      and continually renew your minds with His precious
      promises. Doubt and discouragement come when we forget
      His perspective and we start looking at our situations

      through the eyes of fear, not faith.

      Isaiah 26:3-4 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
      whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in
      thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD
      JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

      You must lean upon the Lord at this time. Totally rely
      upon the Lord. It is a choice to lean on the Lord and
      stay focused on Him. Take hold of Jesus and trust Him
      with your struggles, for it is in Him that you will
      find the strength you need, and the perfect peace that
      only comes through prayer.

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.

      http://mail.yahoo.com