Devotion from (Charlyne Cares) - A Prayer for Your Spouse

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2007
      One of the important secrets to marriage restoration
      is knowing the power of prayer and then praying daily.

      Let us pray in agreement for all hurting or dead
      marriages and for all the spouses who are away from
      the Lord.

      Revivals happen when people are willing to pray for
      others. Let us pray for all prodigals spouses,
      children and loved ones.

      A PRAYER FOR YOUR SPOUSE AND LOVED ONES -

      Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is
      good; His love endures forever.

      Lord, I pray that I, my spouse, all prodigal
      spouses and loved ones will love the Lord our God with
      all our hearts and with all our souls and with all our
      strength.

      I pray that all our hearts would be inclined to fear
      the Lord and keep all His commands always, so that it
      might go well with us and our children forever.

      I pray that we will not gratify the desires of the
      sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is
      contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is
      contrary to the sinful nature.

      I bind the acts of the sinful nature that are coming
      against my spouse, all spouses and loved ones and
      loose on each of us the fruits of the Spirit which is
      love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
      faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

      Help us, Lord, to live by the Spirit and let us keep
      in step with the Spirit.

      Lord, You say that cursed is the one who trusts in man
      who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart
      turns away from the Lord.

      But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose
      confidence is in Him.

      Lord, You say that the heart is deceitful above all
      things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

      Our Lord searches the heart and examines the mind, to
      reward a man according to his conduct, according to
      what his deeds deserve.

      Lord, speak to Your children in dreams, in visions of
      the night when deep sleep falls on them as they
      slumber in their beds, speak to their ears and terrify
      them with warnings, to turn man from wrongdoing and
      keep him from pride to preserve his soul from the
      pit.

      Lord, we praise You that you say, 'Spare him from
      going down to the pit, I have found a ransom for
      him--then his flesh is renewed like a child's it is
      restored as in the days of his youth.
      He prays to God and finds favor with Him, he sees
      God's face and shouts for joy; he is restored by God
      to his righteous state.

      Lord, I pray that our spouses and loved ones will not
      conform any long to the pattern of this world, but be
      transformed by the renewing of our minds. Then we
      will be able to test and approve what God's will
      is--His good pleasing and perfect will.

      Thank You Lord, that we are not to be afraid or
      discouraged because of any vast army or problems that
      we are facing. For the battle is not ours, but God's.
      We are to have faith in our God.

      I pray that each of us will flee the evil desires of
      our youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and
      peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a
      pure heart and that they will come to their senses and
      escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken
      them captive to do his will.

      Lord, I pray that You will open our loved ones eyes
      and turn them from darkness to light, and from the
      power of Satan to God, so that we each may receive
      forgiveness of our sins. Wash away all our iniquity
      and cleanse us from our sins.

      Hide Your face from our sins and blot out all our
      iniquities.

      Create in us a pure heart, O God. Restore to us the
      joy of Your salvation and grant each of us a willing
      spirit to sustain us.

      To You, O Lord we lift up our souls; in You we trust,
      O our God. Do not let us be put to shame, nor let our
      enemies triumph over us.

      Show us Your ways, O Lord, teach us Your paths; guide
      us in Your truth and teach us, for You are God our
      Savior, and our hope in You all day long. Lord, may we
      bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances
      we may have against one another. Let us forgive as the

      Lord forgave us. And over all these virtues may we
      put on love, which binds us all together in perfect
      unity.

      Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than
      all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is
      at work within us.

      Lord, let us never forget "What is impossible with men
      is possible with God." No weapon forged against our
      spouses, our marriages and loved one will prevail. We
      will have faith in God. The Lord will keep us from
      all harm--He will watch over our lives; the Lord will
      watch over our coming and going both now and
      forevermore.

      We pray this all in the mighty Name of our Lord Jesus.
      Amen.

      Scriptures taken from: Psalm 106:1, Deuteronomy 6:4;
      Deuteronomy 5:29; Galatians 5:16-17,19,22; Jeremiah
      17:5,7,9-10; Job 33:15-18; Romans 12:2; 2 Chronicles
      20:15; Mark 11:22; 2 Timothy 2:22,26; Acts 26:18;
      Psalm 51:2,9-10,12; Psalm 25:1,4-5; Colossians
      3:13-14; Ephesians 3:20; Isaiah 54:17; Mark 11:22; and
      Psalm 121:7-8

      Never stop praying,

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.

      Never miss an email again!
    • christina tracy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2007
[...]

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.