faith of a mustard seed devotion (Charlyne Cares)

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 3:10 PM
      FAITH; THE SIZE OF A MUSTARD SEED! -

      How would you rate your having "faith" today?

      Do you have faith the size of a mustard seed?
      You must have faith to stand and believe for your miracle of
      marriage restoration!  What is faith?

      Two words can describe faith: sure and certain.  Faith is believing in God's character--He is who He says He is.

      The second point regarding faith is believing in God's promises--He will DO what He says.

        "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what
        we do not see....And without faith it is impossible to please God,
        because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and
        that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."  Hebrews 11:1,6

      When I started standing, I did not know or understand faith.
      I had gone to the altar, praying and crying for my spouse and for all our
      circumstances.  An older saintly woman, who I knew came up and
      started praying for me.  She kept saying, "have faith in
      God.  He will get you through all these circumstances.  He can heal
      your wounded and broken heart.  He can even touch and change your spouse.
      You just need to have faith!"  I told her that I did not have ANY
      Faith.  She quickly responded, "Yes, you do!  Do you believe you have
      eternal life?"  I answered, "Of course."  She replied, "Then you have
      faith!"

      Are you starting to see the picture that I am trying to draw today
      for you?

      We get into our car, turn the key and have faith that it is going to start.

      We walk into our living room and sit on the sofa without checking it out first, because we have faith it will hold us.

      I may be sounding silly, but I am attempting to get you to understand that you and I walk around all day believing in things to function.

      Now, I want you to believe that you already have enought faith, which you may claim is as small as a mustard seed.

      Great, allow your Lord God to increase your faith.

        "He told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a
        mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field.  Though
        it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the
        largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of
        the air come and perch in its branches."   Matthew 13:31-32

      A mustard seed is very tiny and that is the size of faith that you need to have to start praying and believing for your miracle of marriage restoration.

      Do you have that much faith in God to change you and your circumstances in your marriage?

      I am going to say it again, "You must have Faith!"

      You need to have faith to pray for your child you has a high fever, confident that
      your Lord God will answer your prayers.

      You need to have faith to pray for your Lord to help intervene in your financial crisis.

      You receive bad news that your mother, father, or a loved one has an incurable disease.

      Are you going to be the one to have faith to lead them to the Lord?

      Do you have faith to pray that your Lord will heal them?

      Do you have faith that your Lord can touch and change your spouse's hardened heart?

        "When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt
        before him.  "Lord, have mercy on my son," he said.  "He has
        seizures and is suffering greatly.  He often falls into the fire
        or into the water.  I brought him to your disciples, but they could
        not heal him."  "O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus
        replied, "how long shall I stay with you?  How long shall I put up
        with you?  Bring the boy here to me."  Jesus rebuked the demon and
        it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.  Then
        the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we
        drive it out?"  He replied, "Because you have so little faith.  I
        tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed,
        you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there and it will
        move.  Nothing will be impossible for you."   Matthew 17:14-21

      You and I must believe to have faith.  You must take that leap of
      faith as when you chose to believe by accepting Jesus Christ as
      Savior and Lord of your life.  May you and I choose to live by
      faith every day of our lives.  For to be a Christian, you must have
      faith.

        "We live by faith, not by sight."  2 Corinthians 5:7

      How can you continue to increase your faith?  Let me share a
      scripture that tells how to do that.

        "Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard
        through the word of Christ."   Romans 10:17

      Well, how big is your faith now?

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.