Are You on the Right Road devotion from (Charlyne Cares)

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006

      "I have learned from experience that you do not want to live by
      looking at your circumstances, by your emotions and by your
      feelings."

      ARE YOU ON THE RIGHT ROAD? -

        "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own
        understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make
        your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

      Are you trusting in your Lord for your for your marriage, for your
      entire life and for your children in spite of your circumstances?
      God is in control, even when you may feel your life is out of
      control!  He hears you crying out for help.  He knows what you need
      Your Lord is right there with you ready to help you in your time of
      need regarding your marriage problems, financial problems or even
      health problems.

        "The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous and his ears are
        attentive to their cry...The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears
        them; he delivers them from all their troubles."  Psalm 34:15,17

      Are you ready to listen for the Lord's directions?  When Noah was
      told to build the ark, he was given very specific detailed
      instructions.  Noah built an ark to save his family.  Will you allow
      the Lord to use you to save your family and future generations?

      There are times on your spiritual journey toward marriage
      restoration, that your Lord God is going to give you specific
      instructions in how to start rebuilding your home on the solid rock
      of Jesus.  Listen for His voice.

      Let me share an example, I kept hearing my Lord say to my
      heart, "Get your house in order."  My husband always loved the house being
      cleaned up and organized even when we had three children.  A messy
      house, at that time, never really bothered me.  It would have been
      so easy to allow myself to just ignore all the messes around our
      home when my husband was gone, but instead the Lord showed me ways that I
      needed to improve.  So whenever my husband popped over unexpectedly, the
      house always looked presentable.  I lived and acted as if I was
      married, praying and expecting my husband to come home at any time!  I
      realize later that the Lord had me break some bad habits and
      created me to be the wife that my husband desired.

        "Show me your ways, O LORD , teach me your paths; guide me in your
        truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in
        you all day long."  Psalm 25:4-5

      Ask the Lord to guide and direct your every step to keep you on the
      right pathway to get your marriage rebuilt and restored by the power
      of the Holy Spirit.  Regardless of all the mistakes you and I have
      made, God can take the messes that we have made and make our paths
      straight.  All you need to do is lean on Him, learn from Him and
      follow Him to do everything His way!

        "I am the way and the truth and the life."  John 14:6

      Are you on the right pathway or are you on a detour road?  That
      detour road will have many signs from the Lord saying: "STOP, TURN
      BACK, DANGER AHEAD" or many other signs of warning.  You must listen
      for His voice, seeking His will and way, not doing everything your
      own way!  I have learned from experience that you do not want to
      live by looking at your circumstances, by your emotions and by
      your feelings.  They can change daily or even hourly.  Learn to give
      all your troubles to your Lord, casting all your burdens on Him.  He
      is the only One who can change everything.

      May you never forget that your spouse was tempted to live by their
      emotions, their feelings and then by allowing their mind to wander
      from God's truths.  May you teach your children the importance of
      unconditional love regardless of someone's behavior, (even
      teenagers) that you still love them unconditionally.

      Your spouse, at this moment, is only thinking of their own feelings
      and emotions.  They are not considering the consequences that sin is
      causing their spouse, children and many others.  Let me also
      mention that there are spouses who have been the pillars of faith,
      but now will not forgive their spouse of their failures who have
      repented and have become the standers and have chosen to follow
      their Lord Jesus Christ on the narrow road following Jesus Christ.
      May you and I truly understand the powerful principle of forgiveness
      for everyone.  Have you forgiven your spouse or another person?
      Unforgiveness destroys families!

        "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is
        the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
        But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and
        only a few find it."  Matthew 7:13-14

      I pray that you will seek the Lord so that you know for certain that
      you are on the Lord's road to righteousness and holy living.  That
      road is narrow as the Lord teaches us, but the wide road is headed
      the wrong way and leads people and your spouse into darkness and to
      a sinful lifestyle. When someone is on the wrong road, the Lord is
      going to be calling their name and giving them His hand to pull them
      back to the main road.

        "Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who
        love your name.  Direct my footsteps according to your word; let
        no sin rule over me."  Psalm 119:132-133

      You and I have a choice every day, every hour and every minute, if we
      choose to pick up our cross and follow our Lord Jesus Christ which
      means going through the gate of true repentance and deny ourselves
      to follow God's ways.

      Keep your eyes on the Lord.  Ask Him questions.  Listen for His
      answers by receiving a "rhema word" or hearing a special sermon, a
      special song, or receiving a special scripture that almost leaps off
      the page.  Remember, God does speak to His children!  Are you on the
      right road today or do you need to turn around and get off that
      detour road?

        "I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey
        your word.  I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself
        have taught me.  How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter
        than honey to my mouth!  I gain understanding from your precepts;
        therefore I hate every wrong path.  Your word is a lamp to my
        feet and a light for my path."  Psalm 119:101-105

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.