devotional (Standing Firm)

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2006

          "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers
          them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the broken-
          hearted and saves those crushed in spirit."
                       Psalm 34:17-18

      The Lord hears your cry for help. He knows the agony you face every
      day that your family is in disarray. The Lord promises to deliver you
      from all your troubles. Do you believe this with all your heart? Are
      you putting your trust in God alone to heal your home? "The Lord is
      close to the brokenhearted and saves those crushed in spirit." I pray
      that you may feel the healing touch of the Lord today. He is your com-
      forter and shield from the attacks of the evil one.

          "A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers
          him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them
          will be broken. Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the
          righteous will be condemned. The Lord redeems his servants; no
          one will be condemned who takes refuge in him."
                       Psalm 34:19-22

      It is so important that you take your refuge in the Lord and not in
      worldly solutions to your marriage problems. Many well-meaning indiv-
      iduals will advise you to "get on with your life" and "everyone will
      be better off without the bickering in the home." The path of self-
      fulfillment will always end in destruction. "Evil will slay the wick-
      ed; the foes of the righteous will be condemned." You need to stand
      and pray for your prodigal spouse so that she will not be condemned.
      You need to lead a righteous life so that through your prayers your
      spouse may be saved. Following the path of the Lord is the only way
      out of your troubles. "No one will be condemned who takes refuge in
      him." The Lord will deliver you from all your troubles when you commit
      to doing things His way. The well-being of your family depends on it!

          "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his
          life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our
                       1 John 3:16

      As Christ laid down His life for our sins, husbands are to lay down
      their lives for their families. Your wayward spouse will be saved
      through your sacrificial love. What does it mean to love with "sacrif-
      icial love?" This means being obedient to your marriage vows no matter
      what. It means giving up your own wants and desires for the good of
      your family. It means honoring God through your obedience to His Word.
      "Sacrificial love" does NOT mean "getting on with your life" or that
      "you have a right to be happy." True happiness is only found in fol-
      lowing the path of the Lord.

          "So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not
          be afraid.'"
                       Hebrews 12:6

      You do not need to be afraid of your marriage problems. You do not
      need to be afraid of the circumstances coming against you. You do not
      need to be afraid of anything that your prodigal spouse may be doing
      in the far country. The Lord is in control of all these things, work-
      ing His good in due time. The Lord is with you in the midst of all
      these things, comforting you as a mother comforts a crying child. He
      will never leave you stranded in the midst of the storm.

          "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
                       Hebrews 12:5

      Are you doubting God and His promises? Have you lost hope that your
      marriage will be healed? God has spoken healing on your home. He has
      promised to deliver you out of all your troubles. God cannot lie and
      He will do as He promised.

          "'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On the day I cleanse
          you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the
          ruins will be rebuilt. The desolate land will be will be cul-
          tivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass
          through it. They will say, "This land that was laid waste has
          become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in
          ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited."
          Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the
          Lord have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what
          was desolate. I the Lord have spoken and I will do it.'"
                       Ezekiel 36:33-36

      The Lord will rebuild your marriage. The desolate land of divorce will
      be cultivated "like the garden of Eden." The Lord will rebuild your
      family that was lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed. Why will the
      Lord do this? So that other families around you will see the mighty
      power of God in healing homes! The Lord spoke it and He will do it,
      praise God!

          "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are
          possible with God."
                       Mark 10:27

      Do not listen to the naysayers claiming that your marriage is over.
      Whom are you going to believe: God or those spouting doom and gloom?
      Listen to what the Lord says about those that have turned away from
      Him and His righteousness.

          "'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you
          from all the countries and bring you back into your own land.
          I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I
          will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your
          idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
          I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart
          of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to fol-
          low my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will live
          in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people,
          and I will be your God. I will save you from all your unclean-
                       Ezekiel 36:24-29

      What a beautiful promise from the Lord! The Lord longs to bring your
      prodigal back into His fold. God loves your spouse dearly. He will
      pursue her no matter where she may go. He will cleanse her of her un-
      righteousness and give her a new heart. He will restore her to her
      rightful place in your home.

      Men, you hold the key to breaking the stronghold of divorce on your
      family. Stand for the healing of your home. Obey God and His commands.
      Keep praying for your wife. Do not give up!

          "And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person
          well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will
          be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and
          pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of
          a righteous man is powerful and effective."
                       James 5:15-16

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.

      Do you Yahoo!?