Joy In Trials (Devotion from Standing Firm)

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2006
      JOY IN TRIALS -

           "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials
           of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith
           develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so
           that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
           If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives
           generously to all without finding fault, and it will be
           given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt,
           because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and
           tossed by the wind.  That man should not think he will receive
           anything from the Lord, he is a double-minded man, unstable in
           all he does."
               James 1:2-8

      I am expected to have joy in the midst of pain? The trial I am facing
      is a testing of my faith? I am expected to persevere in the suffering
      I am facing? Lord, it is just too hard to stand for the healing of my
      marriage! You do not know the pain that I have been suffering. You do
      not know how difficult this situation is for me. I am tired fighting
      this battle. I just cannot go on any longer.

      Have you had these feelings of despair and lack of hope? I experienced
      these feelings of hopeless many times during the stand for the healing
      of my marriage. When I had these feelings however, the Lord gently
      guided me on the way I should go. He led me to His Word for comfort
      and wisdom in all that he had called me to do.

      God hears your cry...

          "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears
          attentive to their cry."
               Psalm 34:15

      God will deliver you...

          "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers
          them from all their troubles."
                       Psalm 34:17

      God will bless you...

          "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that
          takes refuge in him."
                       Psalm 34:8

      God will meet your every need...

          "They that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing."
                       Psalm 34:10

      Hearing God's Word is only part of the equation; God requires action
      on your part...

          "Do not merely listen to the word...do what it says."
                       James 1:22

      The basis for obedience to the Word of God and your marriage vows can
      be reduced one basic precept...

          "If you love me, you will obey what I command."
                       John 14:15

      May your love for the Lord strengthen you to be the man that God has
      called you to be. God will not fail you!

          "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
          He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice
          of your cause like the noonday sun."
                       Psalm 37:5-6

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.

      http://mail.yahoo.com