devotion from Charlene Cares A Prayer To Change Your Spouse's Heart

  • Christina
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2006

      Sometimes when standing for the restoration of your marriage, you run out of words to
      pray. You felt my prayers has no power and you feel you did not know how to pray.

      When you get to that point, you can speak the Word of God in a prayer by praying

      May this prayer be your heart's cry for your spouse. Remember the Word of God is
      powerful and will never return void. Here is a prayer that Charlene wrotefor us standers.
      Please stand in agreement with me that as you pray, the Holy Spirit will change your
      spouse's heart suddenly and quickly.

      "So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will
      accomplish what I desire, and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

      - - - - -
      I will exalt You, my God the King; I will praise Your name for ever and ever. Great is the
      LORD and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. The LORD is near to
      me and I call on You, in truth. Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry for help come to
      You. Do not hide Your face from me when I am in distress. Turn Your ear to me; when I
      call, answer me quickly. You will fulfill the desires of those who fear You; You hear my cry
      and save me and my spouse.

      Lord, I have faith in God, and You said, "If anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw
      yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will
      happen, it will be done for him. Lord, You know my mountain of circumstances in my
      marriage. So I am believing You, that whatever I ask for in prayer, that I believe that I have
      received it, and it will be mine. And when I stand praying, if I hold anything against
      anyone, I forgive them, so that my Father in heaven may forgive me of my sins. Lord,
      with man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.

      Lord, I thank You that I am strong in the Lord, and in His mighty power I put the full armor
      of God on myself and my spouse so that I can take a stand against the devil's schemes.
      Lord, thank You that You will block my spouse's path with thornbushes; You will wall them
      in so that they cannot find their way. They will chase after their lovers but not catch them;
      they will look for them but not find them. Then they will say, 'I will go back to my spouse
      as at first, for then I was better off than now.' My prayer is that You will open their eyes
      and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to You, so that they
      may receive forgiveness of their sins and be sanctified by faith in You. Thank You Lord,
      that You will break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who
      enslaved them. You will search for Your lost and bring back the strays. You will bind up
      the injured and strengthen the weak.

      You are the Good Shepherd, You know Your sheep and Your sheep know You. I praise You
      that You will give my spouse a undivided heart and put a new spirit in them. Thank You
      that You will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Thank
      You Lord, that my spouse will not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be
      transformed by the renewing of their mind. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus
      Christ, the glorious Father, may give both of us the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that
      we both may know Him better. I pray also that the eyes of our hearts will be enlightened
      in order that we may know the hope to which He has called us. You are our peace, who
      has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.

      I pray that You may strengthen us with power through His Spirit in our inner being, so that
      Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith. Lord, I know You are able to do
      immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to Your power that is at work
      within me. Lord, remove our sinful natures, and fill us with the fruit of the Spirit which is
      love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

      Lord, I pray that You will turn the heats of the fathers to their children and the hearts of
      the children to their fathers. Lord, I hate divorce as You hate divorce. Lord, my spouse
      and I are one flesh, and are no longer two, but one. Therefore what You have joined
      together, let man not separate. Thank You Lord, that it is Your will that we should be
      sanctified; that we should avoid sexual immorality; that we should learn to control our own
      body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do
      not know God. For You did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

      Lord, breathe on my dead marriage and it will come to life. Then the nations around us
      that remain will know that the Lord has rebuilt what was destroyed and has replanted what
      was desolate. The Lord has spoken, and He will do it. Lord, thank You that You will come
      to me and fulfill my gracious promise to bring us back to Your place. For You know the
      plans You have for me. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plant to give me hope
      and a future. Then I will call upon You and come and pray to You, and I will listen to You.
      I will seek You and find You when I seek You with all my heart. You will find my spouse
      and will bring my spouse back from captivity. For nothing is impossible with God. I am
      blessed as I believe what the Lord has said to me will be accomplished! Praise the Lord.
      - - - - -

      (Scriptures taken from: Psalm 145:1,3,18; Psalm 102:12; Mark 11:22-25; Mark 10:27;
      Psalm 102:1-2; Ephesians 6:10-11, Hosea 2:6-7; Acts 26:28; Ezekiel 34:16,27; John 10:
      14; Ezekiel 11:9-10; Romans 12:2;
      Ephesians 1:17-18; Ephesians 2:14; Ephesians 3:1617,20; Galatians 5:16,22-23; Malachi
      4:6; Malachi 2:16; Matthew 19:4-6; I Thessalonians 4:3-5,7; Ezekiel 37:6; Ezekiel 36:36;
      Jeremiah 29:10-14; Luke 1:37, 45; Psalm 106:1)