standing in prayer

  • christina tracy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006
      Devotional from Charlene Cares

      "Lay your spouse and the other person at your Lord's feet and allow
      Him to deal with both of them. Your responsibility is to forgive."
      (More on this subject from Charlyne below).
      - - - - -

      ADULTERY IS WRONG! -

        "Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept
        pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually
        immoral."  Hebrews 13:4

      The world today blinks at the word "adultery."  You and I must hate
      adultery, as it has attacked our spouses, our marriages, and is
      destroying so many families.  May you and I make a difference in
      teaching our family, friends, and our church families the
      consequences of adultery.

      Some prodigal spouses stop by the home and family they left, and want
      to act as if everything were normal, but continue in adultery.  People
      are work have affairs, and almost seem proud of their sin. Society is
      blinking at adultery as as acceptable. Your spouse may even be acting
      as if the affair with the other person is not wrong.  It is morally
      wrong.  Make time in your devotion time to read Proverbs, Chapter 5.

        "May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife
        of your youth.  A loving doe, a graceful deer- may her breasts
        satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.  Why
        be captivated, my son, by an adulteress?  Why embrace the bosom
        of another man's wife?"  Proverbs 5:18-20

      We love the sinner, but hate the act of adultery and all that it
      represents.  The spouse who has had the affair often moves out of
      their home, lives with the other person and may in time marry the
      other person.  The other person often asks for this "marriage" to
      happen, thinking that God will bless the marriage that was birthed
      out of adultery.

      If we were to do a study on the meaning and the consequences of
      adultery in the Bible, each of us would realize that it is wrong and
      the Bible teaches us to flee from sexual immorality.  I would forever
      shout from the rooftops the severe consequences of adultery on each
      husband, wife, children and family.  If we will teach about adultery,
      strong and often enough, and warn others of the consequences, people
      may start to stay away from it, flee from it or not open the door to
      the temptations of the flesh.

      Our society has painted adultery as exciting, everyone does it, fun,
      sexy, and with no consequences!  There are severe consequences for
      the person who commits adultery, to the other person that committed
      adultery, and consequences to the innocent spouse plus their
      children, if there are any.

      Sexual immorality can be stopped and our world can turn from the
      promiscuous lifestyle that we are advertising on our televisions,
      movies and radio talk shows, for everyone to try.

      There are many studies and books that demonstrate to us that both
      parents are needed to raise children.  Teenager are now becoming
      sexually active at a much younger age, because of their searching for
      happiness, love and acceptance due to family problems and divorce.
      Gods ways and standards are the only way!

      Let's look at what the Bible says about adultery.

        "My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of
        insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may
        preserve knowledge.  For the lips of an adulteress drip honey,
        and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter
        as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword.  Her feet go down to
        death; her steps lead straight to the grave."  Proverbs 5:1-15

      How is your heart?  How is your spouse's heart?  An impure heart will
      corrupt one's thoughts, feelings, words and actions.  We need to pray
      for ourselves, for our spouses and children, to get a new transformed
      heart, seeking to be more like your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
      every day.  We need to shun evil, adultery, sexual immorality and all
      selfishness.

        "But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart,
        and these make a man ‘unclean.'  For out of the heart come evil
        thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false
        testimony, slander."  Matthew 15:18-19

      Your spouse has fallen into Satan's trap of sin.  Sin is wrong and
      there will be consequences to sin on judgment day.  I pray that you
      will be careful not to harbor anger, unforgiveness and bitterness in
      your heart.  Lay your spouse and the other person at your Lord's feet
      and allow Him to deal with both of them. Your responsibility is to
      forgive.  Your Lord God knows what is best.  You are praying for
      restoration and for your spouse's salvation, and for them to be in
      Heaven with you and your loved ones eternally.

        "For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD , and he examines
        all his paths.  The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the
        cords of his sin hold him fast.  He will die for lack of discipline,
        led astray by his own great folly."  Proverbs 5:21-23

        "Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being
        burned?  Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being
        scorched?  So is he who sleeps with another man's wife; no one
        who touches her will go unpunished."  Proverbs 6:27-29

      Adultery and sexual immorality can be avoided.  We need to teach our
      young people the importance of purity before marriage.  We need to
      discourage couples from living together before marriage.  Let us teach
      in our churches about obedience and disobedience to God's laws and
      committing sin.  If you are a parent, you and I need to teach our
      children the Word of God, so they learn right from wrong and know why
      it is wrong.

      What are the consequences to sexual immorality and adultery?

        "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of
        God?  Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters
        nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor
        thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers
        will inherit the kingdom of God."  I Corinthians 6:9-10

        "You shall not commit adultery." Exodus 20:14

      We each need to pray for our family and spouse that they will turn
      their hearts toward their Lord Jesus Christ and toward home.  Each of
      us need to surrender our personal lives to our Lord to follow Him.
      walking and being in the will of God daily.  God has a perfect plan
      and purpose for each of us, if we are willing to follow Him in
      obedience.  Pray that your spouse will be obedient and cleanse their
      heart from their sinful lifestyle.  Hate adultery, love the sinner.

        "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I
        will be whiter than snow.  Let me hear joy and gladness; let the
        bones you have crushed rejoice.  Hide your face from my sins and
        blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and
        renew a steadfast spirit within me."  Psalm 51:7-10

      What is God's design for marriage? I believe that God hates divorce and we as women should do all we can toward standing for our marriage. This is a group that through prayer and support from each other we will grow together as God would have us to do.