Progress

  • Vicki
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
      After posting pics of the finished back and sleeves (minus the
      saddles, haven't done those yet) yesterday on m'blog, Karen wondered
      how I was doing yardage-wise. I thought I'd post what I've
      experienced, and perhaps y'all might want to add your two cents.

      I bought 12 hanks of Cascade 220 for St. Brigid -- 2640 yards. I've
      wound 10 of those hanks into yarn cakes and have used a new ball to
      start each piece. So far, less than 1 for each of the sleeves and
      about 2-1/2 for the back. Rough calculations: 5 hanks for front &
      back, 1 hank for each sleeve, another hank (generous) for saddles,
      collar and sewing up = 8 hanks/1760 yards. I don't recall the
      original yardage requirement -- am I close?
    • jody pirrello
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
        Thanks for sharing the yardage. It's good to know since we've all heard crazy Starmore yardage
        horrors.

        I believe the original pattern states 1,970 - 2,200 yards but that's including the fringe.

        Can you comment on your row gauge compared to the stated gauge? It seems many people have trouble
        hitting her row gauge and that's part of the yardage problem.

        BTW, your StB is coming along beautifully! It was such a great color choice. I can't wait to see
        it made up!

        Jody

        http://mail.yahoo.com