Re: Progress.....

  • pamela2468
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 2:15 AM
      The Cascade 220 sale at Webs (www.yarn.com) is what finally got me to
      start this sweater, which I'd wanted to knit for years. Eleven skeins
      (100g each) cost me just under $60, including shipping, so the cost is
      comparable to that of an acrylic ($2.73 per 50g). I started the back
      on Sunday, and have completed 4.5 repeats. So far I'm finding it time
      consuming, but never boring.

      Row 3 does have you increase in a purl stitch, as the chart indicates,
      which may make better sense to you if you look at a picture of the
      finished sweater. A tiny gap develops under the increase, but I'm
      liking it. Any sweater this dense can use some ventilation. :)

      --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Susan in N GA"
      <paulandsusan2003@...> wrote:

      > Ladies,
      > I am a newish member but just wanted to share that I just completed my
      > first repeat (24 rows). I started right in doing the back, but am doing
      > a trial run on some very inexpensive yarn. I can't afford to buy the
      > Cascade 220 that I want until I can make sure I can do this.
      > I am an experienced knitter, but not in Aran knitting.
      >
      > I am very pleased with how my first rows have turned out.
      > I have a question, I am starting my next row (repeat of row 3) and I
      > just want to double check that the increase is done with knit stitches.
      > It is done into a purl stitch, so I just want to make sure that is not
      > some mistake I have made. Can anyone let me know if this is correct?
      >
      > Also, I was wondering if anyone else did a trial run with inexpensive
      > yarn? I am actually using Simply Soft Country Blue on size 5 needles
      > and it is surprising how nice it looks.
      >
      > Thanks for a great list.
      > Susan in N. Ga.
      > www.pro31.blogspot.com <http://www.pro31.blogspot.com>

    • PaulandSusan
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23 12:10 AM
        The same thing happened to me, I bought my yarn because of the sale.  The Ranier Heather is truly gorgeous.  I was so pleased even though it was lighter than it looked on line.
        I was able to do the increases very easily, I have done a lot of lace knitting so I am used to yarn overs, etc.  I have already done a full repeat on my testing and am now up to row 15 on my new yarn!  This is my first Aran sweater.  I don't get bored either, I like seeing the pattern develop.
        Susan in N. GA