Re: [st_brigid_kal] Starting on St. Brigid

  • PaulandSusan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2008
      Sylvie,
      After a couple of months of testing, I have also started mine.  I am using size 6 needles, I always have to use smaller size than called for.  I got my beautiful Cascade 220 Ranier Heather a few days ago.  Bought 11 skeins.  I know that will be more than I need, but just to be sure I got extra.  It is a gorgeous grayed purple/lavender.  I love it.
      I learned the pattern fairly well during my testing process, and am really enjoying it, I started with the back and got to row 5 last night.  I have already done a full repeat on my testing, so I know I can do it!!
      I also started a Na Craga by Starmore as an experiment and am loving that.  It is in the same book.  I also got mine from the library.
      Your blog is great, thanks for posting a pix of the yarn.  I look forward to hearing about your progress.  Feel free to email me privately too, I think it is great that we are starting at the same time.
      Blessings,
      Susan in N. GA
      www.pro31.blogspot.com

      Sylvie <SylviePoulin@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone, I was looking all over the place for this book and my
      daughter found it for me at a library.

      I'll be starting on it tonight, did a swatch and I'll be using 4mm (6 us)
      needles and Berocco Ultra Alpaca yarn in Masa, which is a medium yellow.

      Hopefully I won't have too much trouble reading the pattern.

      You can see the yarn on my blog:
      http://sylviethepro crasknitter. blogspot. com

      Sylvie