finally

  • Val
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
      After 2yrs & 6months, she is finished. I have just put her on the
      table outside to dry. It is going to be 40 degrees here tomorrow so
      she will dry overnight. I can't believe she is done. I will post a
      photo sometime tomorrow. I was just so pleased to have had this group
      available to ask questions. Thank you so much for your help.
      My raverly name is treefrogwa.
      Cheers Val :>
    • brigidhooker
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
        I've just finished mine too - although I took some liberties. The
        wool I had was too scratchy for a jumper so I made a waistcoat style,
        with garter stitch bands. It took me a year, nearly. I'm going to
        make a proper one now I've finished the "sampler".

        I'm not sure how to attach the photo to this post but my sister did
        take a picture for me, which I will share if anyone is interested.

        St Brigid's Day is February 1 so is a good day to restart the project.

        Cheers
        Brigid

        --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <val853@...> wrote:

        > After 2yrs & 6months, she is finished. I have just put her on the
        > table outside to dry. It is going to be 40 degrees here tomorrow so
        > she will dry overnight. I can't believe she is done. I will post a
        > photo sometime tomorrow. I was just so pleased to have had this group
        > available to ask questions. Thank you so much for your help.
        > My raverly name is treefrogwa.
        > Cheers Val :>

      • Val King
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
          Hi Brigid,
          Congratulations on finishing your waistcoat.
          I would love to see a photo.
          I certainly miss knitting my jumper, the idea of a waist coat would be perfect for our winter weather as we don't experience the fierce cold. I am not really a jumper wearer but I am certainly going to persevere wearing mine.
          I've just finished mine too - although I took some liberties. The
          wool I had was too scratchy for a jumper so I made a waistcoat style,
          with garter stitch bands. It took me a year, nearly. I'm going to
          make a proper one now I've finished the "sampler".

          I'm not sure how to attach the photo to this post but my sister did
          take a picture for me, which I will share if anyone is interested.

          St Brigid's Day is February 1 so is a good day to restart the project.

          Cheers
          Brigid

          --- In st_brigid_kal@ yahoogroups. com, "Val" <val853@...> wrote:

          > After 2yrs & 6months, she is finished. I have just put her on the
          > table outside to dry. It is going to be 40 degrees here tomorrow so
          > she will dry overnight. I can't believe she is done. I will post a
          > photo sometime tomorrow. I was just so pleased to have had this group
          > available to ask questions. Thank you so much for your help.
          > My raverly name is treefrogwa.
          > Cheers Val :>

        • jmayersgaskin
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
            --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <val853@...> wrote:

            I've just looked had a peek at your St. Brigid on Ravelry and you've
            given me the kick up the backside I needed to get mine finished. It's
            lovely!! And you finished it in no time.

            Johanne, London