Whoopie!

  • Jessica
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007
      I'm very happy to say that I finished my St. Brigid this afternoon!

      I made it with longer arms - a whole pattern repeat's worth, which
      turned out perfect for me (my arms are a good 2 inches longer than most
      sleeves). I also omitted the fringe; also the ribbing on the collar -
      but I made the braided collar band with a more finished neck edge.

      A couple of pictures are posted in the photo section, if anyone is
      interested. The one of the finished sweater, modeled by my daughter,
      doesn't show the cabling very well, but I couldn't wait for better
      light. :-)

      It was enough fun to knit again, too.

      Can't wait to wear it! (Last FO of the year, too.)

      Jessica
      (Fascine on Ravelry)

      Jamieson's Shetland Heather - Cedar
    • Kathleen Asherah
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2007

        congratulations!!  off to look at the pictures now.
        my knitting bag has been dusted off...soon to
        return to mine.

        katy

      • Susan in N GA
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
          Oh how exciting.  Thank you so much for the photo.  Makes me want to get back into this.  I got stuck at the swatching process.  Couldn't decide on yarn, but I think I have settled on Cascade 220.
          Blessings and wishing everyone a very great new year.
          Susan in N. Ga.
          (joined list a few months ago, can't remember if I send an intro or not).
          www.pro31.blogspot.com