Sleeve Progress

  • Bluedragon2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2007
      Val,

      I'm not doing both sleeves together but I did finish the left sleeve Saturday night. I knit the body in the round up to the armholes, divided and knit the front and back separately up to the shoulders, then cast off. I picked up and knit the saddle down from the neck, joining the front and back as I knit, then picked up around the armholes and knit the sleeve down. After studying the pattern in the book, I ended with a full repeat of the charts and cast off on what would have been the first round of the next repeat, simply knitting instead of knitting and purling around. It's a little ripply but I think it will flatten after washing and blocking when the sweater is finished.

      I had started my sweater over a year ago now, but I can't have just one project on the needles at a time, needing to have various gauge projects to give my hands a break. Because I'm the listmom of Mara_group on yahoo, I always have a Fair Isle project on the needles. I'm also in the Fulmar KAL so I work on her also.

      Happy holidays everyone!
      Helen B
      Bluedragon2@...
      Bluedragon on Ravelry.com