front

  • Val
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2007
      Yahoo, I have just completed the front of my jumper. She has been on the
      needles for 11 months, I have been on crutches for 5 weeks and this
      has been the perfect time to finally finish her. I am about to do the
      sleeves together has anyone else done them this way?
      Val.
    • Jessica
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2007
        Val, I'm at just the same spot in the pattern that you are! I just
        finished the front last night, and was thinking that I would cast both
        sleeves on together. If it makes me nuts, I'll just put one of them on
        a holder.

        I'm sorry to hear that you are on crutches. I imagine you regard your
        found Knitting time as a big silver lining!

        Jessica
        (fascine on Ravelry)

        Val wrote:
        I have just completed the front of my jumper. She has been on the
        > needles for 11 months, I have been on crutches for 5 weeks and this
        > has been the perfect time to finally finish her. I am about to do the
        > sleeves together has anyone else done them this way?
      • Jody Pirrello
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2007
          I knit both of my sleeves at the same time.  I did it for a couple reasons:

          - I changed the shape of the sleeve, and it was easier to make the adjustments to both sleeves at the same time rather than taking notes (which I'd likely not do) and then try to reverse engineer what I did when knitting sleeve 2
          - By the point I got to the sleeves things were getting monotonous, so knitting them together meant that when I cast off, I was DONE.  I just couldn't imagine knitting them separately and starting a second sleeve.

          If I did it over again I would definitely still knit them at the same time.

          Jody
          http://www.savannahchik.com/