just checking in

  • katykev
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4 6:07 AM
      I haven't knit much, if anything at all on St. Brigid. I guess the
      official kick off was to be Sept. 1 when Sue and I had "planned"
      it. I am posting progress pics on my blog
      http://katyknits.typepad.com/katyknits/

      When I find 'em. The kids will start going back to school next
      week, so I hope to find some more time but I also got a job. GASP.
      Yup. At my LYS, Granny's. 3 days a week.

      Kathleen
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4 6:55 AM
        Katyknits wrote "When I find 'em.  The kids will start going back to school next
        week, so I hope to find some more time but I also got a job."

        Boy, that sure read funny. I couldn't figure out why you couldn't find the kids! I wish I could say I have cast on, but I haven't even got the yarn yet. I have been looking and inquiring, but my inquiry has not been answered, so now I will go look somewhere else. I want merino wool, anybody got any leads on some lusciousness?

        Chris

      • Kathleen Asherah
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4 8:05 AM
          You are right Chris, that is pretty poor grammar and paragraph spacing.  We had a 6 year old boy sleepover last night.  They are worse than girls!  Talk about uncontrollable giggling!  What kinda merino wool do you mean?  Patons Classic is Merino Wool, right?  That is pretty reasonably priced too.  Wendy from Wendyknits had done one in the Brown Sheep Worsted that looked pretty nice knit up.  Vicki is using Cascade and I loved the way Na Craga knit up for me in that...what color are you leaning toward?

          Katy

          Chris <chrisknitz@...> wrote:
          Katyknits wrote "When I find 'em.  The kids will start going back to school next
          week, so I hope to find some more time but I also got a job."

          Boy, that sure read funny. I couldn't figure out why you couldn't find the kids! I wish I could say I have cast on, but I haven't even got the yarn yet. I have been looking and inquiring, but my inquiry has not been answered, so now I will go look somewhere else. I want merino wool, anybody got any leads on some lusciousness?

          Chris

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4 11:24 AM
            I will probably get Cascade 220 if I can't find an eggplant color in some merino wool. Would love to use Debbie Bliss Merino Aran, but not unless someone is "giving" it away! The Paton's didn't have the color selection I wanted. Maybe I need to see what other colors they have available.

            Chris
          • Leigh
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4 5:40 PM
              I believe Herrschners is having a sale on the debbie bliss--their catalog had it listed on sale.

              > I will probably get Cascade 220 if I can't find an
              > eggplant color in some merino wool. Would love to use Debbie Bliss Merino Aran,
              > but not unless someone is "giving" it away! The Paton's didn't have the color
              > selection I wanted. Maybe I need to see what other colors they have
              > available.
              >
              > Chris
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                "I believe Herrschners is having a sale on the debbie bliss--their catalog had it listed on sale. "

                Leigh, Thanks for the info. I have the new catalog but haven't even had a chance to look through it. Going there now!
                Chris
              • Kathleen Asherah