Re: St. Brigid

  • sue_knits
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
      Hello
      I'm so excited, I found a copy of the book at a library in Irvine.
      Got a library card and borrowed the book. This is a great book! Too
      bad it's out of print and so difficult to find. After looking at
      the sweaters, I found the Fulmar knit along which seems to be very
      active now. Maybe I'll start that sweater insead. Hmmmmm...such
      decisions. As if I don't have enough projects.

      Susan
      --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "elizabeth7456" <lizmac58@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice
      Starmore website to see if it was
      > going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they
      would let me know when it
      > was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.
      >
      > My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too.
      There is another book called
      > 'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns
      too. I have a copy of that from
      > a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater
      from it eventually but I'm not
      > knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing
      scarves and hats and
      > socks for Christmas gifts.
      >
      > I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine
      there are probably
      > copyright issues that prevent it.
      >
      > Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to
      fetch very high prices!

      > Good luck in your search,
      >
      > Liz

    • Sylvie
      Message 2 of 14 , May 22, 2008
        I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

        Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com

        let me know what you think!

        Sylvie
      • Paula Shelgren
        Message 3 of 14 , May 22, 2008
          Your St.Brigid is very pretty, where can I get a pattern for it

          Paula

          --
          Paula Shelgren
          http://wichitastitcher.multiply.com/
          Message 4 of 14 , May 23, 2008
            Sylvie,
            Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
            same pace. What is your yarn?
            Blessings,
            Susan.

            --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@...> wrote:

            > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

            > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
            >
            > let me know what you think!
            >
            > Sylvie

          • Sylvie
            Message 5 of 14 , May 23, 2008
              Susan, I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca, the color is called Mesa and I
              really love the feel and the color of the yarn.

              Your St. Brigid is very pretty too, nice color.

              Sylvie

              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Susan in N GA"
              <paulandsusan2003@...> wrote:

              > Sylvie,
              > Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
              > same pace. What is your yarn?
              > Blessings,
              > Susan.
              >

              > --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

              > > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
              > >
              > > let me know what you think!
              > >
              > > Sylvie

            • heidi
              Message 6 of 14 , May 24, 2008

                A few days ago, I finally finished my St Brigid. Pics on my blog

                http://knitbyheidi.typepad.com

                heidi

              • PaulandSusan
                Message 7 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                  That is wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!
                  Susan.

                • Bluedragon2@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                    Heidi,

                    What a wonderful job you did! I love the bright blue and the shaping is so gracefully done. You will get so many compliments when you were it.

                    Helen B
                    Bluedragon2@...
                    Bluedragon on Ravelry.com