Re: St. Brigid

  • elizabeth7456
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
      Hi

      I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice Starmore website to see if it was
      going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they would let me know when it
      was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.

      My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too. There is another book called
      'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns too. I have a copy of that from
      a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater from it eventually but I'm not
      knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing scarves and hats and
      socks for Christmas gifts.

      I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine there are probably
      copyright issues that prevent it.

      Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to fetch very high prices!

      Good luck in your search,

      Liz
    • sue_knits
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
        Hello
        I'm so excited, I found a copy of the book at a library in Irvine.
        Got a library card and borrowed the book. This is a great book! Too
        bad it's out of print and so difficult to find. After looking at
        the sweaters, I found the Fulmar knit along which seems to be very
        active now. Maybe I'll start that sweater insead. Hmmmmm...such
        decisions. As if I don't have enough projects.

        Susan
        --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "elizabeth7456" <lizmac58@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice
        Starmore website to see if it was
        > going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they
        would let me know when it
        > was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.
        >
        > My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too.
        There is another book called
        > 'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns
        too. I have a copy of that from
        > a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater
        from it eventually but I'm not
        > knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing
        scarves and hats and
        > socks for Christmas gifts.
        >
        > I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine
        there are probably
        > copyright issues that prevent it.
        >
        > Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to
        fetch very high prices!

        > Good luck in your search,
        >
        > Liz

      • Sylvie
        Message 3 of 14 , May 22, 2008
          I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

          Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com

          let me know what you think!

          Sylvie
        • Paula Shelgren
          Message 4 of 14 , May 22, 2008
            Your St.Brigid is very pretty, where can I get a pattern for it

            Paula

            --
            Paula Shelgren
            http://wichitastitcher.multiply.com/
            Message 5 of 14 , May 23, 2008
              Sylvie,
              Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
              same pace. What is your yarn?
              Blessings,
              Susan.

              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@...> wrote:

              > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

              > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
              >
              > let me know what you think!
              >
              > Sylvie

            • Sylvie
              Message 6 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                Susan, I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca, the color is called Mesa and I
                really love the feel and the color of the yarn.

                Your St. Brigid is very pretty too, nice color.

                Sylvie

                --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Susan in N GA"
                <paulandsusan2003@...> wrote:

                > Sylvie,
                > Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                > same pace. What is your yarn?
                > Blessings,
                > Susan.
                >

                > --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                > > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                > >
                > > let me know what you think!
                > >
                > > Sylvie

              • heidi
                Message 7 of 14 , May 24, 2008

                  A few days ago, I finally finished my St Brigid. Pics on my blog

                  http://knitbyheidi.typepad.com

                  heidi

                • PaulandSusan
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                    That is wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!
                    Susan.

                  • Bluedragon2@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                      Heidi,

                      What a wonderful job you did! I love the bright blue and the shaping is so gracefully done. You will get so many compliments when you were it.

                      Helen B
                      Bluedragon2@...
                      Bluedragon on Ravelry.com