Re: St. Brigid

  • sue_knits
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
      Thanks! Now I have somewhere to start. It appears that the book is
      difficult to find and is sold for a premium price!

      --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...>
      wrote:

      > many people have gotten it from their libraries via
      > interlibrary loan.
      >
      > kat
      >
      > sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote: Is
      anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

      > Sue
      >

      > ---------------------------------

    • elizabeth7456
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
        Hi

        I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice Starmore website to see if it was
        going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they would let me know when it
        was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.

        My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too. There is another book called
        'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns too. I have a copy of that from
        a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater from it eventually but I'm not
        knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing scarves and hats and
        socks for Christmas gifts.

        I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine there are probably
        copyright issues that prevent it.

        Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to fetch very high prices!

        Good luck in your search,

        Liz
      • sue_knits
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
          Hello
          I'm so excited, I found a copy of the book at a library in Irvine.
          Got a library card and borrowed the book. This is a great book! Too
          bad it's out of print and so difficult to find. After looking at
          the sweaters, I found the Fulmar knit along which seems to be very
          active now. Maybe I'll start that sweater insead. Hmmmmm...such
          decisions. As if I don't have enough projects.

          Susan
          --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "elizabeth7456" <lizmac58@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice
          Starmore website to see if it was
          > going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they
          would let me know when it
          > was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.
          >
          > My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too.
          There is another book called
          > 'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns
          too. I have a copy of that from
          > a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater
          from it eventually but I'm not
          > knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing
          scarves and hats and
          > socks for Christmas gifts.
          >
          > I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine
          there are probably
          > copyright issues that prevent it.
          >
          > Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to
          fetch very high prices!

          > Good luck in your search,
          >
          > Liz

        • Sylvie
          Message 4 of 14 , May 22, 2008
            I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

            Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com

            let me know what you think!

            Sylvie
          • Paula Shelgren
            Message 5 of 14 , May 22, 2008
              Your St.Brigid is very pretty, where can I get a pattern for it

              Paula

              --
              Paula Shelgren
              http://wichitastitcher.multiply.com/
              Message 6 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                Sylvie,
                Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                same pace. What is your yarn?
                Blessings,
                Susan.

                --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@...> wrote:

                > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                >
                > let me know what you think!
                >
                > Sylvie

              • Sylvie
                Message 7 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                  Susan, I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca, the color is called Mesa and I
                  really love the feel and the color of the yarn.

                  Your St. Brigid is very pretty too, nice color.

                  Sylvie

                  --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Susan in N GA"
                  <paulandsusan2003@...> wrote:

                  > Sylvie,
                  > Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                  > same pace. What is your yarn?
                  > Blessings,
                  > Susan.
                  >

                  > --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                  > > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                  > >
                  > > let me know what you think!
                  > >
                  > > Sylvie

                • heidi
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 24, 2008

                    A few days ago, I finally finished my St Brigid. Pics on my blog

                    http://knitbyheidi.typepad.com

                    heidi

                  • PaulandSusan
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                      That is wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!
                      Susan.

                    • Bluedragon2@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                        Heidi,

                        What a wonderful job you did! I love the bright blue and the shaping is so gracefully done. You will get so many compliments when you were it.

                        Helen B
                        Bluedragon2@...
                        Bluedragon on Ravelry.com