Re: [st_brigid_kal] St. Brigid

  • Maria Escudero-Wander
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 28, 2007
      The pattern is found in Aran Knitting, by Alice Starmore.  It's quite lovely.  I purchased it for one of my friends as an engagement present.

      Maria

      On 9/28/07, sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote:
       Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

    • Kathleen Asherah
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
        many people have gotten it from their libraries via
        interlibrary loan.

        kat

        sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote:
        Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

        Sue

        Building a website is a piece of cake.

      • sue_knits
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
          Thanks! Now I have somewhere to start. It appears that the book is
          difficult to find and is sold for a premium price!

          --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...>
          wrote:

          > many people have gotten it from their libraries via
          > interlibrary loan.
          >
          > kat
          >
          > sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote: Is
          anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

          > Sue
          >

          > ---------------------------------

        • elizabeth7456
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
            Hi

            I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice Starmore website to see if it was
            going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they would let me know when it
            was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.

            My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too. There is another book called
            'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns too. I have a copy of that from
            a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater from it eventually but I'm not
            knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing scarves and hats and
            socks for Christmas gifts.

            I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine there are probably
            copyright issues that prevent it.

            Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to fetch very high prices!

            Good luck in your search,

            Liz
          • sue_knits
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
              Hello
              I'm so excited, I found a copy of the book at a library in Irvine.
              Got a library card and borrowed the book. This is a great book! Too
              bad it's out of print and so difficult to find. After looking at
              the sweaters, I found the Fulmar knit along which seems to be very
              active now. Maybe I'll start that sweater insead. Hmmmmm...such
              decisions. As if I don't have enough projects.

              Susan
              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "elizabeth7456" <lizmac58@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi
              >
              > I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice
              Starmore website to see if it was
              > going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they
              would let me know when it
              > was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.
              >
              > My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too.
              There is another book called
              > 'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns
              too. I have a copy of that from
              > a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater
              from it eventually but I'm not
              > knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing
              scarves and hats and
              > socks for Christmas gifts.
              >
              > I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine
              there are probably
              > copyright issues that prevent it.
              >
              > Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to
              fetch very high prices!

              > Good luck in your search,
              >
              > Liz

            • Sylvie
              Message 6 of 14 , May 22, 2008
                I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com

                let me know what you think!

                Sylvie
              • Paula Shelgren
                Message 7 of 14 , May 22, 2008
                  Your St.Brigid is very pretty, where can I get a pattern for it

                  Paula

                  --
                  Paula Shelgren
                  http://wichitastitcher.multiply.com/
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                    Sylvie,
                    Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                    same pace. What is your yarn?
                    Blessings,
                    Susan.

                    --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@...> wrote:

                    > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                    > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                    >
                    > let me know what you think!
                    >
                    > Sylvie

                  • Sylvie
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 23, 2008
                      Susan, I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca, the color is called Mesa and I
                      really love the feel and the color of the yarn.

                      Your St. Brigid is very pretty too, nice color.

                      Sylvie

                      --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Susan in N GA"
                      <paulandsusan2003@...> wrote:

                      > Sylvie,
                      > Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                      > same pace. What is your yarn?
                      > Blessings,
                      > Susan.
                      >

                      > --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                      > > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                      > >
                      > > let me know what you think!
                      > >
                      > > Sylvie

                    • heidi
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 24, 2008

                        A few days ago, I finally finished my St Brigid. Pics on my blog

                        http://knitbyheidi.typepad.com

                        heidi

                      • PaulandSusan
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                          That is wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!
                          Susan.

                        • Bluedragon2@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 24, 2008
                            Heidi,

                            What a wonderful job you did! I love the bright blue and the shaping is so gracefully done. You will get so many compliments when you were it.

                            Helen B
                            Bluedragon2@...
                            Bluedragon on Ravelry.com