St. Brigid

  • sue_knits
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 28, 2007
      Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

      Sue
    • Maria Escudero-Wander
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 28, 2007
        The pattern is found in Aran Knitting, by Alice Starmore.  It's quite lovely.  I purchased it for one of my friends as an engagement present.

        Maria

        On 9/28/07, sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote:
         Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

      • Kathleen Asherah
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
          many people have gotten it from their libraries via
          interlibrary loan.

          kat

          sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote:
          Is anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

          Sue

          Building a website is a piece of cake.

        • sue_knits
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
            Thanks! Now I have somewhere to start. It appears that the book is
            difficult to find and is sold for a premium price!

            --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...>
            wrote:

            > many people have gotten it from their libraries via
            > interlibrary loan.
            >
            > kat
            >
            > sue_knits <sue_knits@...> wrote: Is
            anyone still here? I'm Lost!!! Where can I find this pattern?

            > Sue
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • elizabeth7456
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 29, 2007
              Hi

              I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice Starmore website to see if it was
              going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they would let me know when it
              was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.

              My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too. There is another book called
              'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns too. I have a copy of that from
              a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater from it eventually but I'm not
              knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing scarves and hats and
              socks for Christmas gifts.

              I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine there are probably
              copyright issues that prevent it.

              Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to fetch very high prices!

              Good luck in your search,

              Liz
            • sue_knits
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
                Hello
                I'm so excited, I found a copy of the book at a library in Irvine.
                Got a library card and borrowed the book. This is a great book! Too
                bad it's out of print and so difficult to find. After looking at
                the sweaters, I found the Fulmar knit along which seems to be very
                active now. Maybe I'll start that sweater insead. Hmmmmm...such
                decisions. As if I don't have enough projects.

                Susan
                --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "elizabeth7456" <lizmac58@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi
                >
                > I was so desperate to find a copy that I contacted the Alice
                Starmore website to see if it was
                > going to be published again, as it is out of print - they said they
                would let me know when it
                > was back on the bookshop shelves, but I have heard nothing yet.
                >
                > My library has a copy of 'fishermans knits' which is lovely, too.
                There is another book called
                > 'celtic knits' which is still in print and has some lovely patterns
                too. I have a copy of that from
                > a charity shop, which was a lucky find. I plan to make a sweater
                from it eventually but I'm not
                > knitting much at the moment - not big items anyway, I am just doing
                scarves and hats and
                > socks for Christmas gifts.
                >
                > I really hope that the book will be published again, but I imagine
                there are probably
                > copyright issues that prevent it.
                >
                > Very occasionally I see 'Aran Knitting' on ebay but it tends to
                fetch very high prices!

                > Good luck in your search,
                >
                > Liz

              • Sylvie
                Message 7 of 14 , May 22 5:27 PM
                  I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                  Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com

                  let me know what you think!

                  Sylvie
                • Paula Shelgren
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 22 7:15 PM
                    Your St.Brigid is very pretty, where can I get a pattern for it

                    Paula

                    --
                    Paula Shelgren
                    http://wichitastitcher.multiply.com/
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 23 2:29 AM
                      Sylvie,
                      Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                      same pace. What is your yarn?
                      Blessings,
                      Susan.

                      --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@...> wrote:

                      > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                      > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                      >
                      > let me know what you think!
                      >
                      > Sylvie

                    • Sylvie
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 23 12:29 PM
                        Susan, I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca, the color is called Mesa and I
                        really love the feel and the color of the yarn.

                        Your St. Brigid is very pretty too, nice color.

                        Sylvie

                        --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Susan in N GA"
                        <paulandsusan2003@...> wrote:

                        > Sylvie,
                        > Yours looks great and it looks like we are coming along at about the
                        > same pace. What is your yarn?
                        > Blessings,
                        > Susan.
                        >

                        > --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <SylviePoulin@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I've been working on my St. Brigid, you can see my progress here:

                        > > Or on my blog: http://sylvietheprocrasknitter.blogspot.com
                        > >
                        > > let me know what you think!
                        > >
                        > > Sylvie

                      • heidi
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 24 6:33 AM

                          A few days ago, I finally finished my St Brigid. Pics on my blog

                          http://knitbyheidi.typepad.com

                          heidi

                        • PaulandSusan
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 24 7:09 AM
                            That is wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!
                            Susan.

                          • Bluedragon2@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 24 7:46 PM
                              Heidi,

                              What a wonderful job you did! I love the bright blue and the shaping is so gracefully done. You will get so many compliments when you were it.

                              Helen B
                              Bluedragon2@...
                              Bluedragon on Ravelry.com