Re: sleeve

  • eusebius24
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3 5:45 AM
      Great job, Katy!
      Re Chart A on the sleeves -- it's there in the sleeve instructions:
      "When there are 15 sts increased at each side, continue to inc on
      every 3rd row and work all foll incs in chart A patt, until there are
      18[20] chart A sts at each side."

      As for me, my 2 sleeves are done and I'm chugging along at the back
      after spending a week rewinding little tiny balls from the former
      moth-eaten version. I have adopted the spit splice technique ... I
      just hope it holds!! For those of you who do it ... what do you do
      with the plies you're not felting together? They seem to hang down
      awkwardly ...

      cheers
      Erika

      --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "katykev" <katykev@...> wrote:

      > Just 2 months shy of 2 years and I finished the back of St. Brigid.
      > Finally! I started the sleeves and am wondering about chart A. I only
      > have a photocopy of the directions and it doesn't say a thing about
      > chart A for the sleeve increases. Just Chart B. Am I missing
      > something? Or is this a design feature you all added? Thanks.
      >
      > Katy

    • Annie Driscoll
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3 6:25 AM

        Congratulations, Katy! Erika just described the Chart A situation, perfectly, so I won't repeat that. You're going to enjoy the sleeves--they seemed to go much faster than the back for me--zoom!!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3 8:14 AM
          Thanks Erika.  I must have a rotton photocopy.  Mine says,

          When there are 15 sts without shaping, working 112 rows in total (5 row rep of charts C and E), ending with 119 (123) sts and RS facing for next row.
          Work Saddle

          This, according to my photocopy from home is pg. 148.  Am I nuts?

          Thanks for the info.  The sleeves, like Annie said are going pretty fast.  :)

          Erika, I am not much of a spit splicer.  I know EZ has some good instructions on it.  Not sure where.  Good luck and thanks again.

          Katy

          Great job, Katy!
          Re Chart A on the sleeves -- it's there in the sleeve instructions:
          "When there are 15 sts increased at each side, continue to inc on
          every 3rd row and work all foll incs in chart A patt, until there are
          18[20] chart A sts at each side."

          As for me, my 2 sleeves are done and I'm chugging along at the back
          after spending a week rewinding little tiny balls from the former
          moth-eaten version. I have adopted the spit splice technique ... I
          just hope it holds!! For those of you who do it ... what do you do
          with the plies you're not felting together? They seem to hang down
          awkwardly ...

          cheers
          Erika

          Don't pick lemons.
          See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
        • eusebius24
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3 4:01 PM
            Katy, it looks like your photocopy got cut off somehow ... did you
            photocopy the two facing pages onto one big sheet? I think the right
            hand column is missing on your p. 148 copy. After the bit about Chart
            A, the book says to continue without shaping, so that's where I got my
            theory from :)

            Thanks for the EZ advice re spit splicing ... I'll nose around for
            more info.
            cheers
            Erika
            --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...>