sleeve

  • katykev
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
      Just 2 months shy of 2 years and I finished the back of St. Brigid.
      Finally! I started the sleeves and am wondering about chart A. I only
      have a photocopy of the directions and it doesn't say a thing about
      chart A for the sleeve increases. Just Chart B. Am I missing
      something? Or is this a design feature you all added? Thanks.

      Katy
    • eusebius24
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
        Great job, Katy!
        Re Chart A on the sleeves -- it's there in the sleeve instructions:
        "When there are 15 sts increased at each side, continue to inc on
        every 3rd row and work all foll incs in chart A patt, until there are
        18[20] chart A sts at each side."

        As for me, my 2 sleeves are done and I'm chugging along at the back
        after spending a week rewinding little tiny balls from the former
        moth-eaten version. I have adopted the spit splice technique ... I
        just hope it holds!! For those of you who do it ... what do you do
        with the plies you're not felting together? They seem to hang down
        awkwardly ...

        cheers
        Erika

        --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "katykev" <katykev@...> wrote:

        > Just 2 months shy of 2 years and I finished the back of St. Brigid.
        > Finally! I started the sleeves and am wondering about chart A. I only
        > have a photocopy of the directions and it doesn't say a thing about
        > chart A for the sleeve increases. Just Chart B. Am I missing
        > something? Or is this a design feature you all added? Thanks.
        >
        > Katy

      • Annie Driscoll
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007

          Congratulations, Katy! Erika just described the Chart A situation, perfectly, so I won't repeat that. You're going to enjoy the sleeves--they seemed to go much faster than the back for me--zoom!!

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
            Thanks Erika.  I must have a rotton photocopy.  Mine says,

            When there are 15 sts without shaping, working 112 rows in total (5 row rep of charts C and E), ending with 119 (123) sts and RS facing for next row.
            Work Saddle

            This, according to my photocopy from home is pg. 148.  Am I nuts?

            Thanks for the info.  The sleeves, like Annie said are going pretty fast.  :)

            Erika, I am not much of a spit splicer.  I know EZ has some good instructions on it.  Not sure where.  Good luck and thanks again.

            Katy

            Great job, Katy!
            Re Chart A on the sleeves -- it's there in the sleeve instructions:
            "When there are 15 sts increased at each side, continue to inc on
            every 3rd row and work all foll incs in chart A patt, until there are
            18[20] chart A sts at each side."

            As for me, my 2 sleeves are done and I'm chugging along at the back
            after spending a week rewinding little tiny balls from the former
            moth-eaten version. I have adopted the spit splice technique ... I
            just hope it holds!! For those of you who do it ... what do you do
            with the plies you're not felting together? They seem to hang down
            awkwardly ...

            cheers
            Erika

            Don't pick lemons.
            See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          • eusebius24
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2007
              Katy, it looks like your photocopy got cut off somehow ... did you
              photocopy the two facing pages onto one big sheet? I think the right
              hand column is missing on your p. 148 copy. After the bit about Chart
              A, the book says to continue without shaping, so that's where I got my
              theory from :)

              Thanks for the EZ advice re spit splicing ... I'll nose around for
              more info.
              cheers
              Erika
              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...>