Re: [st_brigid_kal] Sleeve length

  • PaulandSusan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26, 2007
      I appreciate everyone's comments on this, it sounds like I won't have too much trouble with my measurement (which is shor) since apparently the sleeves turn out to be kin of short.
      Thanks!
      Susan in N. GA

      vknitorious <vknitorious@...> wrote:
      I'm a little late to the sleeve discussion, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents.  I recently knit an extra braid (similar to the collar) to add to the sleeves of my 2-year-old St. Brigid.  I thought I'd made them long enough (as per the pattern and apparently not-so-great measuring), but always regretted that I wasn't more careful because they were short and there's almost nothing worse than too-short sleeves.  I would probably have added an entire extra repeat.

      Vicki

      eusebius24 <ereiman@interlog. com> wrote:
      Hi everyone!

      As Johanne knows (Hi!) I am working on a St Brigid in Hebridean 3-Ply.
      I have finished the 5 pattern repeats of the first sleeve, and as is
      usual for me, the stitch gauge is fine but the row gauge is tight.
      AS's schematic specifies a length of 44 cm, but I am at 37.

      Well, I could just knit another pattern repeat, but I'm wondering if
      that would be too long. I notice that:
      a) the model in the book is long and lanky, and the 44cm sleeves are
      just right for her, whereas I am short and on the stubby side.
      b) the sleeves only seem to go up to the midpoint of the upper arm on
      the model, with the saddle continuing up to the neckline.

      Which solution would you suggest?
      a) knitting a full extra pattern repeat
      b) knitting half a pattern repeat
      c) leaving things as they are and continuing on with the saddle.

      I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions!
      Thanks in advance,
      Erika
      http://pianoknits. blogspot. com

      I've made the switch to gmail, please update your address books:
      Vicki (Knitorious)
      new email: vknitorious@ gmail.com
      http://www.knitorio us.typepad. com/knitorious/

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.