Yarn for St. Brigid

  • pageta23
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2007
      I finally got a copy of Aran Knitting (had to drive 45 minutes each
      way to a library that had it) and now I am agonizing over yarn
      choices. I have some Classic Elite Skye Tweed - has anyone used that
      yarn? It seems to be stiff in comparison to Cascade 220 or Plymouth
      Galway (I've swatched with all three yarns).

      I really like the look and drape of Cascade 220 or Plymouth Galway,
      but I'm really concerned about felting. I made a pair of wool pants
      out of Cascade Tweed for my son and just the seatbelt on his crotch
      seriously felted them - other pants I've knit in yarns such as Peace
      Fleece haven't had such problems.

      What about Jamieson's Soft Shetland (or whatever's it's called now)?
      Does it hold up well over time?

      Considering all the work that will go into knitting this sweater, I'm
      afraid of knitting it in something that won't hold up.

      Thoughts anyone?

      Tana

      You can check my blog for ramblings about this sweater as well:
      www.tanapageler.com/life