I got yarn!

  • vknitorious
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2004
      I was so surprised and excited to come home last night and find a
      box of Cascade 220 waiting for me! I got out the swift and ball
      winder and made a nice, little ball. I hope to swatch for St.
      Brigid this weekend. It's beautiful!
    • Kathleen Asherah
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2004
        Glad to hear it Vicki.  I loved working with the Cascade 220 when I knit Na Craga.  It is great yarn.  :)  Kathleen

        vknitorious <vknitorious@...> wrote:
        I was so surprised and excited to come home last night and find a
        box of Cascade 220 waiting for me!  I got out the swift and ball
        winder and made a nice, little ball.  I hope to swatch for St.
        Brigid this weekend.  It's beautiful!

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • jody pirrello
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2004
          I agree - the hoodie I'm making out of it now is just wonderful.

          What color did you get?

          Jody

          --- Kathleen Asherah <katykev@...> wrote:

          > Glad to hear it Vicki. I loved working with the Cascade 220 when I knit Na Craga. It is great
          > yarn. :) Kathleen
          >
          > vknitorious <vknitorious@...> wrote:I was so surprised and excited to come home last night
          > and find a
          > box of Cascade 220 waiting for me! I got out the swift and ball
          > winder and made a nice, little ball. I hope to swatch for St.
          > Brigid this weekend. It's beautiful!

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • vknitorious
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2004
            I was taken with the softness of Cascade 220 compared with any of
            the other yarns I saw or considered, and I really wanted a gold
            color. I am using color 4010 (do they have names?) -- it's a nice,
            rich gold and I just love it. May daughter loves it, too! I
            haven't cast on a single stitch yet and she already wonders if she
            can wear it sometime!

            Vicki

            --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, jody pirrello
            <savannahchik@y...> wrote:
            > I agree - the hoodie I'm making out of it now is just wonderful.
            >
            > What color did you get?
            >
            > Jody
            >
            > --- Kathleen Asherah <katykev@y...> wrote:
            >
            > > Glad to hear it Vicki. I loved working with the Cascade 220
            when I knit Na Craga. It is great
            > > yarn. :) Kathleen
            > >
            > > vknitorious <vknitorious@y...> wrote:I was so surprised and
            excited to come home last night
            > > and find a
            > > box of Cascade 220 waiting for me! I got out the swift and ball
            > > winder and made a nice, little ball. I hope to swatch for St.
            > > Brigid this weekend. It's beautiful!

            > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • savannahchik
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 29, 2004
              Ooh it is gorgeous! If the sample I found online is accurate, it's
              a heathery deep gold with some browns thrown in. It should make a
              beautiful St Brigid!

              Jody

              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "vknitorious"