Re: SV: [st_brigid_kal] Where to buy the pattern?

  • heidi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hi Ania,

      The UK is a member of the Commonwealth (I probably spelled that
      wrong), would it be possible for you to go to your local library and
      ask them if it is possible to for you to order the book from another
      country within the Commonwealth? Or possibly in another European
      contry? I know that there is one copy of the book in a Danish library.
      Or if you can't do that at your local library is there a university
      near you that allow non-students to borrow books in their library, or
      to use them in order to borrow books from elsewhere?

      In my country (Sweden) I can borrow books from all over Scandinvavia
      in my local library for a small fee, and at the university library I
      can borrow books from all over Europe without any cost at all, due to
      the fact that I'm a student there. This servece at the university
      library is extended to everyone who lives in this town, however if
      you're not a student, or employee at the university you will have to
      pay for the postage.

      Good luck to you

      Heidi

      --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Ania" <ania.marczyk@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've also joined in the desperate hope that someone will be prepared
      > to share some info on this pattern with me. I can probably work out
      > the pattern from the pics, but some stitch count, sizing and yarn
      > info would really help. I am working on the Cromarty sweater from
      The
      > Celtic Collection, which is similar, but can not get hold of a copy
      > of Aran Knitting. I've search the catalogues of every library in the
      > UK and scoured the web for a sensibly priced copy,
    • Agnes Argan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2007

        Hi Ania,

        What do you need in Aran Knitting, because I have some patterns of this book at home.

        Please contact me per mail and I will help you.

        I have knitted St-Brigid.

         Let me know, I will help you

        Agnès

        http://mailleettricot.canalblog.com