Re: finally

  • Val
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
      Thanks Katy. I was amazed at how much time had passed, since I had
      done any knitting. I promised myself that I would do the KAL, but with
      the drs visits etc etc, there just didn't seem to be anytime left in
      the day.
      Regards Val.
    • Val
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
        After 2yrs & 6months, she is finished. I have just put her on the
        table outside to dry. It is going to be 40 degrees here tomorrow so
        she will dry overnight. I can't believe she is done. I will post a
        photo sometime tomorrow. I was just so pleased to have had this group
        available to ask questions. Thank you so much for your help.
        My raverly name is treefrogwa.
        Cheers Val :>
      • brigidhooker
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
          I've just finished mine too - although I took some liberties. The
          wool I had was too scratchy for a jumper so I made a waistcoat style,
          with garter stitch bands. It took me a year, nearly. I'm going to
          make a proper one now I've finished the "sampler".

          I'm not sure how to attach the photo to this post but my sister did
          take a picture for me, which I will share if anyone is interested.

          St Brigid's Day is February 1 so is a good day to restart the project.

          Cheers
          Brigid

          --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <val853@...> wrote:

          > After 2yrs & 6months, she is finished. I have just put her on the
          > table outside to dry. It is going to be 40 degrees here tomorrow so
          > she will dry overnight. I can't believe she is done. I will post a
          > photo sometime tomorrow. I was just so pleased to have had this group
          > available to ask questions. Thank you so much for your help.
          > My raverly name is treefrogwa.
          > Cheers Val :>

        • Val King
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 30, 2008
            Hi Brigid,
            Congratulations on finishing your waistcoat.
            I would love to see a photo.
            I certainly miss knitting my jumper, the idea of a waist coat would be perfect for our winter weather as we don't experience the fierce cold. I am not really a jumper wearer but I am certainly going to persevere wearing mine.
            I've just finished mine too - although I took some liberties. The
            wool I had was too scratchy for a jumper so I made a waistcoat style,
            with garter stitch bands. It took me a year, nearly. I'm going to
            make a proper one now I've finished the "sampler".

            I'm not sure how to attach the photo to this post but my sister did
            take a picture for me, which I will share if anyone is interested.

            St Brigid's Day is February 1 so is a good day to restart the project.

            Cheers
            Brigid

            --- In st_brigid_kal@ yahoogroups. com, "Val" <val853@...> wrote:

            > After 2yrs & 6months, she is finished. I have just put her on the
            > table outside to dry. It is going to be 40 degrees here tomorrow so
            > she will dry overnight. I can't believe she is done. I will post a
            > photo sometime tomorrow. I was just so pleased to have had this group
            > available to ask questions. Thank you so much for your help.
            > My raverly name is treefrogwa.
            > Cheers Val :>

          • jmayersgaskin
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
              --- In st_brigid_kal@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <val853@...> wrote:

              I've just looked had a peek at your St. Brigid on Ravelry and you've
              given me the kick up the backside I needed to get mine finished. It's
              lovely!! And you finished it in no time.

              Johanne, London