New to St. Brigid, KAL -- advice welcome!

  • lreichixinet
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2006
      Hi fellow knitters!

      Firstly, what a beautiful pattern. I have not been able to stop
      thinking about this sweater since the weather got cold where I live.

      I have been swatching away (including in a beautiful blue Cascade
      220) and am finding both stitch and row gauge right on using an
      undyed Henry's Attic merino ("Montana", very soft, light worsted).
      Has anybody else used a lighter worsted weight yarn than Cascade 220,
      made gauge and also, hopefully, a sweater that is adequately sized?
      I could not make Cascade work without going to much smaller needles
      and an awful lot of bulk.

      In general on this pattern, is the seed stitch gauge swatch
      representative of the rest of the sweater tension?

      And, as to colors, I have noticed some of you prefer lighter colors --
      since I may be dyeing my own, what colors have you found to showcase
      the intricacies of the pattern well?

      Thank you!
      Loretta