SV: [st_brigid_kal] Finally! Progress on St. Brigid

  • Heidi Wollum
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006

      Hi Annie,

      Your St Brigid is coming along very nicely! And the colour is beautiful.

      I’m also a member of FLAK, where this very issue has been the subject of lengthy discussions, since it seems to be quite common to have a different gauge with seed stitches, when knitted together with cables.

      If I remember correctly some choose other filler stitches instead to make gauge. Not having that problem I really didn’t pay much attention to those messages, but maybe you find it helpful to join FLAK at

       http://www.bigskyknitting.com/FLAK/knitalong.html

      and go through the archives. Some of the replies to this issue seem to have been really helpful for those in need of advise.

      Heidi

      http://knitbyheidi.typad.com/knit_by_heidi

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2006
        Thanks, Heidi. I'll check out that list. I do belong to AranKnitting, but
        not the subgroup for the FLAK. I think I pretty much cured my problem with
        short rows, which worked perfectly. Every once in a while, I just short
        rowed over in the seed stitch section, turned back around, and then did the
        next row normally. So it only added height in the seed stitch section--just
        where I needed it. And really, really invisible, since the wraps don't show
        at all on the purl stitches.

        I'm well along on the front now, and then on to the sleeves!