SV: [st_brigid_kal] I'm finally starting

  • Heidi Wollum
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2006

      Hi,

      Thank you Annie for your nice comment regarding my Filey.

      I’d love to see pictures on your Irish Moss!

      Unfortunately I’ve currently put down St Brigid. I decided that off white wasn’t the right colour for it. Instead I have ordered more Hifa 3 in a dark blue grey colour, and since my on-line lys has to order it from Norway it may take a couple of weeks before it arrives.

      Actually I haven’t decided about the neckline yet. Since this sweater is meant to be a winter sweater I was considering doing it with a square neckline. However when I look at those curves in the pattern, I’m thinking that a square neckline would look sort of wrong with those cables. So it’s very likely that I make it a V-line neck.

      This is just me thinking, but, I have a gauge of 33 rows per 10 cm. I would want my v-neck to start some 20-22 cm from the top, in rows that would be around 70 rows from the top. Looking at the pattern I would take advantage of the middle cable that starts to divide on row 9, and cast of that purl stitch in the middle. Then I would continue with the cables on the sides, while at the same time making decreases to make it slightly rounded, because I think that would look the best with these cables…

      But again, this is just me thinking early in the morning before I had my coffeJ

      Heidi

      http://knitbyheidi.typepad.com/knit_by_heidi