Love this pattern!

  • Bluedragon2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2006
      I started my St. Brigid a week ago and am on round 17 (I'm doing it in the round up to the armholes as I hate sewing seams after the knitting is done) and this is a really enjoyable knit! I printed out copies of the charts and taped them in order in a file folder so I can keep my place as I go, along with stitch markers separating the different cables. I tend to knit while doing other things so the stitch markers are a way of keeping my fingers on the right pattern. I'm using Cascade 220 in Turquoise and it's going to be one attention grabbing sweater, this yarn is bright and cheerful. I'm using size 5 circulars instead of the 7 the pattern calls for because I like the fabric better on the 5. I made a FLAK on 5 and the Aran Pullover from 'Two Sticks and a String' on 7 and much prefer the fabric given by the 5. I'll join the sleeves to the body by knitting them together on the last sleeve round, then continue to join the shoulders while knitting the shoulder strap. I did make one small booboo on the fourth round - I was concentrating on following the directions for the stitch construction so closely, that I didn't realize AS had written the directions for making the increases the way the pattern is written - flat. So I purled stitches that should have been knit as I was doing the increase from the right side. Since it's way down on the fourth round at the bottom and not noticeable, I'm leaving the error in, but will do it in knit from now on. I guess you could call that tunnel vision, hmm?

      Happy knitting!
      Helen B
      Bluedragon2@...

      P.S. The reason I'm only on round 17 after a week is that I have a bunch of other projects that I rotate through, like Elizabeth of York for my DH's daughter, Mara for me, socks for his mom, and so on.