Yarn Selection Completed

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2006
      Hey girls,

      After sitting on the floor of my LYS for over an hour yesterday I
      finally made a yarn decision. I'm using Cascade 220 in a mossy-
      olive color which is a good color for me. I wanted a jewel toned
      color in keeping with the gorgeous St. Brigid on the Virtual Yarns
      site. I really was looking for teal but the shad my LYS had was
      more turqoise.

      After reading Knitters Review and perusing the Fisherman Sweater
      Board, I decided against using the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and the
      Mission 1824. In reading some comments about both I think they were
      not going to be a firm enough yarn to make the cables "pop" and the
      wear and tear of both had some drawbacks. And, of course the PRICE
      came into play - they both were going to be at or around $150 for
      St. Brigid.

      I've been reading through this board starting at day one and it has
      been interesting reading - I encourage all of you to do the same.
      I'm keeping a St. Brigid notebook and jotting down some things the
      knitters who have gone before us have learned. It seems several
      people were very pleased with Cascade 220.

      I'll be swatching soon! You can see my color selection on my blog...

      Rebecca
      http://socks-for-mum.blogspot.com