Another Starmore Fan

  • denknits
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2006
      Hi Everyone
      Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Denise and I live in
      Riverdale, NY. I started St. Brigid back in January but put it down
      because I was planning my wedding. Well I'm married and St. B and I
      are best friends again. She's the only project I have on needles
      right now (I can hear the gasps of surprise and horror from here)
      and I'm loving everyone stitch...

      I'm so excited that there some buzz about this sweater again...the
      KAL was quite for a while. Also wanted to add some info for those
      who are planning to start.

      I'm also using Cascade 220 in color 2411 (I think that's the number)
      it's a gorgeous, rich chocolate brown that has reddish tones, I
      can't quite explain but it's beautiful and I love it!!!! It's feels
      so yummy in hands, I think it's a perfect sub yarn for this sweater.

      Regarding needle size, I swatched on a addi 7 (circ) and got 20=4"
      but the pattern wanted 21. I thought no big deal but I knit a 1
      repeat on the back and the piece looked so big to me. And I know
      this is already a big sweater. So I ripped and went down to a
      6...much better!!! and a firmer fabric which I actually like better.

      I suggest using a row counter that is explained/featured in the book
      Sweaters From Camp, I never knit without them...no scrap paper and
      tic marks for rows...it slows you down. These counters are so much
      faster and more useful.

      I re-started this sweater on July 1st and I'm hoping to be done by
      the end of the month. We'll see. At least all the knitting done,
      not all the finishing. It's actually knitting up very
      quickly...once you get the repeat sequence.

      Hope that helps...I'm happy to answer any questions...I don't have a
      blog (more gasps) but will try to find a way to post some pics.

      Happy knitting,
      Denise