Re: [st_brigid_kal] not sure this posted....

  • MontanFemina
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2006
      Thanks, Katy!  Vicki has already emailed me and I checked out her blog.  Wow!  Her St. Brigid is gorgeous.  I'm excited about knitting this.  I have some Cascade 220 in my stash that I should probably use.  I would love to get my hands on some Scottish Heather...look forward to seeing yours.

      Hope you don't mind if I added all those links and databases ......

      Rebecca
      .

    • Kathleen Asherah

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
          De-lurking (hi!) to say that this page

          http://snipurl.com/t0f4

          has a whole list of substitutes for the original yarn, along with comments from people who've used them, so if you don't have a stash-worthy substitute, this could help.

          Donna
          who has plans to knit StB, but can't start in September - have fun!

          On 7/8/06, katykev <katykev@... > wrote:

          I think any worsted weight yarn is probably suitable...I am using
          Scottish Heather only cause I love the color. Vicki/Knitorious made a
          goregous one in the Cascade 220. Welcome to the group. I will add
          your blog to my sidebar. Be warned--I am a terrible KAL hostess. But
          I will glady direct people to your blog if you have progress.
          However, I so seldom post that my readership isn't what it used to
          be...

        • MontanFemina
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 10, 2006
            Thanks for sending that link, Donna!

            I have written down the yarns that are at my LYS and will give them a try.  I have been longing to knit a sweater with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.  There is an Aran sweater hanging in my LYS and it is fabulously soft and the cables "pop" enough for me.  It will be a little pricey but not as pricey as ordering from Virtual Yarns with the current exchange rate.

            I may also give that Jamieson Soft Shetland a try if I can find it.

            I would like to knit a cable swatch with both yarns and then decide.......
            Rebecca

          • T. Peppel