Re: [st_brigid_kal] St. Brigid Button

  • MontanFemina
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2006
      Oh, Vicki...............your St. Brigid is GORGEOUS!  Now I am really excited about knitting it.  I'm encouraged that you used Cascade 220.  I have some in my stash, Amethyst I believe.  The color is not exactly what I would have envisioned as my St. Brigid but, if I can use of stash, it works for me.

      I've added your blog button to my blog.

      Thanks.......glad to know you will be lurking around to help :-)

      Rebecca
      http://socks-for-mum.blogspot.com

    • MontanFemina
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2006
        Hi Joanna,

        Have you checked out your local library?  I have borrowed Aran Knits from mine too many times to even count.  I have put in a request for an inter-library loan for Tudor Roses and am waiting for it.  I really hope these books come back into print.  When I homeschooled my girls (they are now in college) I spent fortunes on out-of-print children's books and they just recently have been republished...so, I'm hopeful that these will be as well!

        Rebecca

      • Liz
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2006
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 11, 2006

            I’m bowing my head in shame.  I should have started St. Brigid a long time ago.  I hummed and harred about what yarn to use and in the end settled for Jamiesons Soft (I believe aka Scottish heather).  However, Cascade 220 is now available in the UK and my resolve is weakening.  I may do what Rebecca is thinking about and knit 2 in the different yarns.  September is sounding good.

            Johanne  UK