St. Brigid Button

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7 8:19 PM
      Hi,
      Just thought I would take a minute to introduce myself to you
      Starmore knitters. Alice Starmore is my favorite designer and St.
      Brigid is a sweater I've had on my list to do. I just love it. I
      am hoping that a few of you are knitting it right now and can help
      me along my Brigid experience. Is there anyone out there who wants
      to knit it but hasn't started yet? I would like to start this in
      September.

      What yarns have you all used to replace the Scottish Heather? Do
      you think Elann's Peruvian Highland would work? Or, is that too
      heavy. I am in a quandry about how to replace the discontinued yarn
      in this book. Does anyone have any ideas?

      I made a button for my blog and went ahead and added it to the Photo
      section in case anyone else would like to use it.

      I'm looking forward to this group!
      Rebecca
      http://socks-for-mum.blogspot.com
    • joanne halvorsen

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8 3:23 PM
          I just entered my info into the database (good idea!), but can't quite figure out how to upload a photo -- could be that I'm hungry and my mind's more on dinner.

          I finished a while ago and love St. Brigid!  I have two photo albums on my blog, which you're welcome to peruse, of course.  Here are the links:

          Vicki

[...]

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • MontanFemina
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8 5:18 PM
            Oh, Vicki...............your St. Brigid is GORGEOUS!  Now I am really excited about knitting it.  I'm encouraged that you used Cascade 220.  I have some in my stash, Amethyst I believe.  The color is not exactly what I would have envisioned as my St. Brigid but, if I can use of stash, it works for me.

            I've added your blog button to my blog.

            Thanks.......glad to know you will be lurking around to help :-)

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8 5:30 PM
              Hi Joanna,

              Have you checked out your local library?  I have borrowed Aran Knits from mine too many times to even count.  I have put in a request for an inter-library loan for Tudor Roses and am waiting for it.  I really hope these books come back into print.  When I homeschooled my girls (they are now in college) I spent fortunes on out-of-print children's books and they just recently have been republished...so, I'm hopeful that these will be as well!

              Rebecca

            • Liz
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 9 3:56 AM
                I just entered my info into the database (good idea!), but can't quite figure out how to upload a photo -- could be that I'm hungry and my mind's more on dinner.

                I finished a while ago and love St. Brigid!  I have two photo albums on my blog, which you're welcome to peruse, of course.  Here are the links:

                http://knitorious.typepad.com/photos/st_brigid/index.html

                http://knitorious.typepad.com/photos/more_st_brigid/index.html

                Vicki
                http://knitorious.typepad.com/knitorious

                That is beautifully knitted, and I love the colours too! Well done

                Liz in the UK

              • Johanne MayersGaskin
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11 9:13 AM

                  I’m bowing my head in shame.  I should have started St. Brigid a long time ago.  I hummed and harred about what yarn to use and in the end settled for Jamiesons Soft (I believe aka Scottish heather).  However, Cascade 220 is now available in the UK and my resolve is weakening.  I may do what Rebecca is thinking about and knit 2 in the different yarns.  September is sounding good.

                  Johanne  UK