the "angst" becomes celebration

  • mkookaburra2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hi there,
      I started St Brigids on the 15th March, using a New Zealand yarn,
      Merino et Soie ( gave me near perfect tension swatch).A soft yarn
      composed of merino and silk,lovely to work with on bamboo needles.

      With fear and trepidation I commenced it. Using stitch markers, and
      graphs on my lap,determination and a smile plus strict instructions to
      my husband not to speak!!! (you know how it is.)

      The first pattern repeat was an interesting saga .. Never having
      worked from a graph before..!!!!

      ON i went to the first pattern repeat... only to notice that my first
      pattern had a few errors.. ( hey BUT i decided to leave them there to
      keep me humble ....grin)
      From then on things went beautifully. I just love it. .I did a half a
      pattern repeat a day.. and on the 29th March i had finished the back
      and started the front.
      Knitting into the back of the single knit stitch beside cables gives a
      neat tight finish.( a hint i gleaned from Knitorious i think)
      The A.S. increases( making 3 out of 1 stitch) are fun.(savannahchik
      knits shows it in detail)
      Thanks for a great site. I am thoroughly enjoying this project.
      I was just imagining a coffee morning with all the members in their
      completed St BRigids.. A sisterhood of sorts.. Cheers from Australia